Home

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Snes

This is a discussion on Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Snes within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Snes

My buddy and I played this game and fought while playing this game for years growing up.

35 now, both married, we decided last week over a few beers to play a few games...turned into a World Series......7 games, beat me on a walk off homerun.......I kicked him out of my house!

Ha. We played again yesterday, this time I'm up 2 games to 1. The 3 games were, 6 -5, 3-2, 2-1. Insane.

We played with current rosters. I've been editing and adding the real names and attributes to this gem. Have 5 teams finished at the moment. STL, HOU, PHI, BOS, DET

I think he'll be coming over later to finish up. Funny thing, when we were 14 playing we'd get into brawls that our parents had to break up. Now loser buys the beer. Win win I think.

Anyone else playing this? If not, I recommend dusting it off and giving a go. So fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Ken Griffey Baseball Snes

Editing rosters for that game? I hope the Cards are number 1 lol.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I used to take the Giants and edit names so they're real players from the current team. I'm not sure if their appearances will match up anymore as they did then, but it was really fun to do.

Great game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

World Series was always my preferred way to play against friends because it keeps stats for all your players during the series.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

I am finished with 7 teams now.

I changed the faces to match up with players race, jersey #'s, etc. I do own the cartridge but I've been updating a rom on my pc.

Yes, Cardinals are nasty! (Ozzie Smith is my favorite player of all time, I may have or may not have snuck him in the current roster......)

World Series is the way to go. We can bang out in about 2 and a half hours. Keeps stats, pitchers get tired. Really is a great, fun, quick game of baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Oh man, I loved this game.

I got a kick out of guys getting caught looking and were all like "OH COME ON!" LOL

This was my fav SNES sports game.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Play it on Android still, not as much fun but still good once in awhile. If only Nintendo would step up and offer an HD version on there marketplace. Like NBA Jam did, c'mon Swingman! (Griff) stop your HOF ceremonies and make this happen! lol
Old 08-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I played the heck out of this game too as a kid (was the first game where I felt fielding well was really gratifying), but I don't remember being able to edit player attributes, only names....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »