Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2016, 02:06 AM   #89
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
PS Now allows you to play PS3 games on PS4.
Gotcha. You have to rent though correct?
Old 03-20-2016, 03:03 AM   #90
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Gotcha. You have to rent though correct?
yeah, rent only
Old 03-21-2016, 05:46 AM   #91
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

Has anyone done anything in PYS15 similar to SpiritTranslation CPU pitch analysis? Its there for PYS12 and Hard-minus is considered a good CPU pitching difficulty as Normal-plus produced almost no balls. So naturally thats what I always kept it at in 13,14 and 15.

Now I was trying to practice a real game hitting a bit more so dropped it to Normal-plus and there was actually a realistic amount of balls. But of course considerably more center zone strikes with the occasional corner painting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 08:02 AM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Has anyone done anything in PYS15 similar to SpiritTranslation CPU pitch analysis? Its there for PYS12 and Hard-minus is considered a good CPU pitching difficulty as Normal-plus produced almost no balls. So naturally thats what I always kept it at in 13,14 and 15.

Now I was trying to practice a real game hitting a bit more so dropped it to Normal-plus and there was actually a realistic amount of balls. But of course considerably more center zone strikes with the occasional corner painting.
I actually tried this a while back - despite the fact that the "test" is flawed on so many levels that it is pretty wothless!!

I had always played on hard minus but after they introduced the guess pitch I found the number of ball/walks dropped so I upped it to hard.

The one time I did it I used Maeda with normal morale and it was totally bizarre, in the third inning he walked 3 batters then the dreaded flashing red line appeared and he proceeded to walk in 3 runs!!

Here are the pics from the game:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160321_113401.jpg (296.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160321_1141351.jpg (70.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by saintjimbo1885; 03-21-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:29 AM   #93
Rookie

Shadak's Arena

Interesting ... from the spread it doesnt seem too bad.
So did you revert back to hard-minus?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:19 PM   #94
Pro

In games previous to 2015 hard minus would give best release % of around 15-18% for the cpu pitcher with 2015 the % is closer to 40% but there are more pitches down the middle. I kind of like this approach as it simulates how a player in real life generally gets one good pitch to hit but if you miss it or guess wrong good luck hitting those best releases or at least for me it's good luck.

I agree about the test of hard minus as in a real game you aren't taking every pitch so right there things will change once prove you can hit one over the plate. The cpu would have no reason to throw more pitches out of the zone if you kept taking them all for 27 k's.

Ok just saw Jimbo's pic and best release was 37%, in the 2014 game it will be closer to half that. Had to chuckle at the "Maeda with normal morale" comment, where have we been reading about morale lately.

Last edited by Will I Am; 03-21-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:46 PM   #95
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
yeah, rent only
I checked last night, at least I think I was in the right location and the only baseball game I could find was Baseball Stars.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 01:18 PM   #96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadak
Interesting ... from the spread it doesnt seem too bad.
So did you revert back to hard-minus?
Nope, have kept it on hard and I'm pretty happy with it.

On hard- I felt there were too many meatball pitches, especially when you faced either a poorish pitcher with normal/good morale or even an excellent pitcher with poor morale.

Oh and I play with guess pitch off - in case that makes a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »