Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Quick heads up that the Power Pros 2016 website is now live!! Pretty bare at the moment apart from a few screenshots and some news about a new mode but expect updates in the coming weeks!!

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/2016/index.html

Oh and found this link with a few more pics:

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/first-loo...uccess-special
Let me know when PYS 2016 goes live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #26
Rookie

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Funnily enough Konami recently announced that the online features for PYS 2015 would shut down on March 31st 2016!!

Hopefully this means a 2016 version will be out around then but I'm not sure if it would make much sense to release two baseball games at around the same time!!

Might be we have to wait....

Btw if you haven't played Power Pro then don't let the cartoon nature fool you.... it's a very good baseball simulator!!

I still play the 2014 version and I was actually going to post a video in the ball physics thread for MLB The Show but didn't want to be accused of trolling!!

The game has pretty much the same settings as PYS so you can make it as hard/easy as you like and going by the pics the new version looks like it will be quite an upgrade!!

Oh and here's the video, I was going to pots that demonstrates a hit down the line... the replay towards the end of the video shows it beautifully!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXiA6d6N-8

Last edited by saintjimbo1885; 01-15-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Funnily enough Konami recently announced that the online features for PYS 2015 would shut down on March 31st 2016!!

Hopefully this means a 2016 version will be out around then but I'm not sure if it would make much sense to release two baseball games at around the same time!!

Might be we have to wait....

Btw if you haven't played Power Pro then don't let the cartoon nature fool you.... it's a very good baseball simulator!!

I still play the 2014 version and I was actually going to post a video in the ball physics thread for MLB The Show but didn't want to be accused of trolling!!

The game has pretty much the same settings as PYS so you can make it as hard/easy as you like and going by the pics the new version looks like it will be quite an upgrade!!

Oh and here's the video, I was going to pots that demonstrates a hit down the line... the replay towards the end of the video shows it beautifully!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHXiA6d6N-8
Never have played the japanese versions only the wii version.

Nice double down the line for sure, the show could learn a thing or two about that, very lacking in that game. Not sure what exactly but something there is out of whack.

One other thing, I could be mistaken but is it possible to edit names in that game to english, so when they come up to bat you could see who it is.

Last edited by Will I Am; 01-15-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Never have played the japanese versions only the wii version.

Nice double down the line for sure, the show could learn a thing or two about that, very lacking in that game. Not sure what exactly but something there is out of whack.

One other thing, I could be mistaken but is it possible to edit names in that game to english, so when they come up to bat you could see who it is.
Pretty sure there is a change name option though I have never done it myself!! Seem to remember somebody once creating some MLB teams in one of the older versions!!

The guys over at Spirits translation always recommend doing this but I've never felt the need (yet)!!

They actually have a second website for Power Pro translations:

http://www.powerprotranslation.com/

Last edited by saintjimbo1885; 01-15-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:05 PM   #29
Rookie

The website for the free to play 'Success' version of Jikkyou Power Pro 2016 is now up and it will also be available for PS4/PS3/Vita!!

I'm guessing this is something different than the usual mobile version but as mentioned previously it will have micro transactions etc.

http://www.konami.jp/pawa/success_sp/index.html
Old 01-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #30
Pro

Were you able to navigate around the menus ok? Similar to PYS? I'll have to keep it in mind this spring and it will be a for sure buy esp. if there is no PYS 16.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Were you able to navigate around the menus ok? Similar to PYS? I'll have to keep it in mind this spring and it will be a for sure buy esp. if there is no PYS 16.
Having played previous versions it wasn't too bad, especially with the help of the power pro translations site and Google translate!!

Just wish I could understand things like the Success and My Life parts better/easier as they look so much fun!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #32
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
they could be doing the same thing with PYS they did with this bringing it to FOX engine and skipping spring then releasing it in fall. This was a fall 2015 release but delayed till spring.With Power Pros built into the FOX engine all they need is to bring in the player models for PYS. They are very similar games.

I still believe PYS will live on. Nothing has been posted anywhere saying they let PYS go. Why would they it's more $$.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 01-16-2016 at 09:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »