Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
they could be doing the same thing with PYS they did with this bringing it to FOX engine and skipping spring then releasing it in fall. This was a fall 2015 release but delayed till spring.With Power Pros built into the FOX engine all they need is to bring in the player models for PYS. They are very similar games.

I still believe PYS will live on. Nothing has been posted anywhere saying they let PYS go. Why would they it's more $$.
Ok I've heard of the fox engine (used in PES) but that's about all I know about it. What exactly is different about it from the old engine and your saying this Power Pros uses it?
Old 01-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #34
Pro

Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Having played previous versions it wasn't too bad, especially with the help of the power pro translations site and Google translate!!

Just wish I could understand things like the Success and My Life parts better/easier as they look so much fun!!
Would the manual for success mode in the Wii version help with this at all, have you ever looked into it?
Old 01-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #35
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Ok I've heard of the fox engine (used in PES) but that's about all I know about it. What exactly is different about it from the old engine and your saying this Power Pros uses it?
it's Konami's new game engine, probably the best out there, Hideo Kojima's team made it for MG5.
The impressive thing about it is how good the performance is for how good it looks.
"EA's frosbite engine is close but doesn't get the performance, used in the new Rory Mcilroy PGA tour"
Power Pros is using FOX now, that's why it looks so good and physics should improve also.
This is what i love about Konami baseball games smooth as butter game play. Unlike MLB the Show running barely at 30fps.
I bet PYS is under development now to the FOX engine. Konami will do better sales from it.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 01-16-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #36
Pro

Oh man I hope your right and it's releases. Either way think I'll grab this game as well. I remember the wii power pros and it had a lot of fun factor.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:06 PM   #37
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Oh man I hope your right and it's releases. Either way think I'll grab this game as well. I remember the wii power pros and it had a lot of fun factor.
that's what japanese focus on is fun over GFX. Unlike SCEA with the show. That's the whole problem with the show game play is boring.

Straight from last years news letter in march. "KONAMI will continue to develop and distribute a wide range of baseball-themed games, to deliver the pulse-pounding excitement of the sport to an ever-increasing customer base."

Last edited by C.J.S.; 01-16-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Success mode is basically Road to the Show with more story and off-field events. It's always been tough for non-Japanese speakers to get much out of it due to the large amount of untranslated text.

The paid version is the one most people on here should be interested in, since that includes a season mode with no story elements to worry about and team management options that are easily translated.
Old 01-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #39
Rookie

Will it be in english?
Old 01-21-2016, 04:02 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

No, but there will likely be translations for the menus a few days after release on spiritstranslation.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »