Home

Baseball Sim League (89th year!)

This is a discussion on Baseball Sim League (89th year!) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2020, 10:02 PM   #9
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Baseball Sim League (100+ years!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgee
It's amazing to me that your league uses an old PC engine like High Heat 2003 to perform your simming. Have you guys run into any snags with it? Do you guys ever wish for any new features to be added to it?
I think that after x number of years, the game technically won't go further. There was a way to re-set, though. The history is all kept on the website, not in the file.

The amazing part is the website itself. The game is really ancillary. It's more impressive that old programs that were developed to pull the stats and edit rosters are still working. You don't need the game itself unless you are simming.

You should give it a look! We are always in need of 2-3 owners. Can't quite get to capacity, but always hovering right around there.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #10
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

Re: Baseball Sim League (100+ years!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
I think that after x number of years, the game technically won't go further. There was a way to re-set, though. The history is all kept on the website, not in the file.

The amazing part is the website itself. The game is really ancillary. It's more impressive that old programs that were developed to pull the stats and edit rosters are still working. You don't need the game itself unless you are simming.

You should give it a look! We are always in need of 2-3 owners. Can't quite get to capacity, but always hovering right around there.
And we're still going. Year 2115. Email me if you're interested, as I sometimes forget to check in here. jdp79x at gmail.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:35 PM   #11
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

Re: Baseball Sim League (89th year!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm in the BLB (great friggin league) and it has made me hungry for more.
I'm checking out the rules of your league to see if it's something I'd be interested in.

Quick question, what ratings/scouting scale do you use?

Regarding rosters;

So you can have 100 players on your ML roster, but only dress 25?
or is this 100 total players through all your clubs (ML>A)?

Thanks!
Here's a response 5 years later...

100 players from A up through ML.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2023, 11:26 AM   #12
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

120 seasons and still going -- a single opening right now!
Old 12-12-2023, 04:20 PM   #13
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by elguapo79
120 seasons and still going -- a single opening right now!
Tell me more! I have never done something like this before, but it seems interesting.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:40 PM   #14
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsJunkie
Tell me more! I have never done something like this before, but it seems interesting.
Sorry for the slow response -- we did get a 30th person, but openings do come up every so often.

Basically you manage a roster using 3rd party programs that were developed way back when the game was released. The website is the real charm because you can see everything about all players (edits, statistics, etc.) throughout the 120-year history of the league. This includes awards, All-Star teams, Hall of Fame, statistical records, etc.

Anyhow, you manage your roster, including all three levels of minor leagues and a financial system that is integrated in the website. You can trade players, draft picks, and money with other owners.

There are three sims a week (M W F) that are 10 games each. This equals a month in-season. So 6 weeks real time = 1 season. Then there are two weeks for playoffs/World Series and offseason Free Agency and rookie draft.

If you're at all interested, let me know! You could always watch the season from afar. I could get you an account to log in and chat or talk with anyone in the league if you'd like.

It looks more intimidating than it is if you log in and look around. With someone helping you out, it's not nearly as complex as you'd think. Don't get me wrong, you can spend a lot of time tinkering, looking for trades, etc., but you don't need to. It's one of those things that you are best off learning as you go before doing too much.

Check out the website if you haven't: mlbcsimleague.com
Old 04-15-2024, 09:15 PM   #15
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

We may have an opening now ... it's the beginning of the 2131 season. 120 years and still going!

edit: Filled the opening!

Last edited by elguapo79; 04-21-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »