Home

R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #41
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 - April For Nintendo Switch

I don't know if there is an official "Bugs and Glitches" Thread for this game. I checked the official site and did not see anything:

Weird glitch happened in the 9th inning of my first franchise game. I come up to bat and the pitcher just stands there indefinitely never pitching the ball. I even tried reloading the game, they subbed a new pitcher in an he proceeded to do the same thing.

Other than that issue I am seeing the same load times on the Xbox One S:

30 Seconds to start the game
10 Seconds between innings

Additionally I recommend dropping the music down to around 50-75 as it is a bit too loud.

Really having a blast with this game. I hope they patch it and continue to make changes. Can see myself bouncing between this and SMB2 throughout this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #42
Rookie

tfcfan4life's Arena

OVR: 0
There is just no excuse having to wait 30 seconds to a start a game and wait in between innings.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #43
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 - April For Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Ohtani - in or out?

He's not right now. Maybe after opening day he will

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 03-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #44
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcfan4life
There is just no excuse having to wait 30 seconds to a start a game and wait in between innings.

Absolutely. My biggest complaint with the game right now, the load times are insane

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NFL: Tennessee Titans
Old 03-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #45
Rookie

bronxct1's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm liking the game but there are a few things I noticed that need to be addressed.

1) I've had a few freezes while playing the Wild Card round in Postseason mode. I had to restart the game twice because of freezes. One of them came after I hit a grand slam to tie the game. The other was in later innings where the cpu changed pitchers and then that pitcher refused to pitch. Saving and then reloading the game did not fix the second one.
2) I've seen this next issue twice. If you field a ball deep in the outfield or while throwing off balance (for example man on first, base hit to right. RF throws to 3rd off balance) if the throw is weak and doesn't make it to the player covering the base the run will score as that player doesn't move to the ball. There is no way to gain control of the fielder, pressing A just changes between outfielders. This is mitigated by hitting the cutoff man if you don't have forward momentum.

The other minor stuff is just some odd visual things on Xbox One X which I think is already being addressed by a patch. I wish the fly ball catch animation was better, it looks ridiculous.

Overall though I like the gameplay, I think the fielding is actually pretty good. One welcome improvement would be preloading the next throw when trying to turn double plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #46
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfcfan4life
10 seconds is not really that bad in between innings. I agree there shouldn't be any load time between innings but for me it's not a deal breaker.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #47
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1
May get on Switch and bring it to work and play on lunch. Just a fun stress relief*
Old 03-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #48
Number 1 Stunna

F0rl3fclov3r's Arena

OVR: 11

Bought this game last night, called Xbox customer support and got it refunded. I’ve never called to get a refund and I guess there is one allowance per user. I don’t care that I redeemed it on a $30 game, this game was absolutely awful.

Pros: fielding takes some skill and not so basic
Cons: extreme loading times including turning of the inning, not even going into the next inning, just moving to the bottom. Game feels like a suped up super nes game, one button to pitch, a, lol, that’s it.

this game stinks and I came on OS to warn others. Lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »