Home

R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One, PS4, iOS - April For Nintendo Switch within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #57
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 - April For Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayotick
Weird glitch happened in the 9th inning of my first franchise game. I come up to bat and the pitcher just stands there indefinitely never pitching the ball. I even tried reloading the game, they subbed a new pitcher in an he proceeded to do the same thing.
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue! We'd love to get it fixed as we have heard it from a handful of people. Can you provide some more information about how the problem occurs? What teams? What roster size (25 or 16)? What pitcher(s)? Does he just stand there and not attempt to throw at all? Or does he go through his pitching motion and not release the ball?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #58
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Re: R.B.I. Baseball 18 Available Now on Xbox One & PS4 - April For Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxct1
I'm liking the game but there are a few things I noticed that need to be addressed.

1) I've had a few freezes while playing the Wild Card round in Postseason mode. I had to restart the game twice because of freezes. One of them came after I hit a grand slam to tie the game. The other was in later innings where the cpu changed pitchers and then that pitcher refused to pitch. Saving and then reloading the game did not fix the second one.
2) I've seen this next issue twice. If you field a ball deep in the outfield or while throwing off balance (for example man on first, base hit to right. RF throws to 3rd off balance) if the throw is weak and doesn't make it to the player covering the base the run will score as that player doesn't move to the ball. There is no way to gain control of the fielder, pressing A just changes between outfielders. This is mitigated by hitting the cutoff man if you don't have forward momentum.

The other minor stuff is just some odd visual things on Xbox One X which I think is already being addressed by a patch. I wish the fly ball catch animation was better, it looks ridiculous.

Overall though I like the gameplay, I think the fielding is actually pretty good. One welcome improvement would be preloading the next throw when trying to turn double plays.
Glad to hear you are liking the game.

Issue #1 we'd love to get fixed as we have heard it from a handful of people. Can you provide some more information about how the problem occurs? What mode? What teams? What roster size (25 or 16)? What pitcher(s)? Does he just stand there and not attempt to throw at all? Or does he go through his pitching motion and not release the ball?

Issue #2 is already addressed on our end and will be included in an upcoming patch. (though not the one with the HDR Xbox One X fix that is already submitted to Microsoft)

You should already be able to preload the throw when turning a double play. But we will keep a close eye on this.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Glad to hear you are enjoying the game. We'd love to get this issue fixed as we have heard it from a handful of people. Can you provide some more information about how the problem occurs? What mode? What teams? What roster size (25 or 16)? What pitcher(s)? Does he just stand there and not attempt to throw at all? Or does he go through his pitching motion and not release the ball?
It has occurred in franchise mode in my second game 4x over I am the Texas Rangers
Playing the computer and when the computer subs in a reliever in the 9th inning
The play stops...I can still move my batter go to the menu screen and sub in another batter
But play just stops and the pitcher does not deliver the ball. If I save the game and go back
The same thing happens. Super mega baseball will never be an option for me as I love the MLB license .... I plan on getting this for my mobile devices ....hoping Developers
Can clear it up.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #60
MLB Games Developer

MLBGames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrow
The play stops...I can still move my batter go to the menu screen and sub in another batter
But play just stops and the pitcher does not deliver the ball. If I save the game and go back
The same thing happens.
What team(s) are you playing against? What pitcher(s) has this occurred with?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrow
It has occurred in franchise mode in my second game 4x over I am the Texas Rangers
The same thing happens. Super mega baseball will never be an option for me as I love the MLB license .... I plan on getting this for my mobile devices ....hoping Developers
Can clear it up.
It is with 25 man rosters .... I haven’t even tried playing again as it has happened 4 x in a row in the 9th when I have enjoyed playing the game up till that point in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 10:31 AM   #62
Rookie

Kayotick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBGames
Sorry to hear that you're having this issue! We'd love to get it fixed as we have heard it from a handful of people. Can you provide some more information about how the problem occurs? What teams? What roster size (25 or 16)? What pitcher(s)? Does he just stand there and not attempt to throw at all? Or does he go through his pitching motion and not release the ball?
Nice to see you on here taking feedback from OS. This goes along way.

This was occurring in the first game of my franchise game (Mets) with 25 for the roster size. The opposing pitcher (Cardinals) just stands there and never throws the ball. I have even reloaded the game and the cpu subs in a new pitcher who just stands there never throwing the ball.

Additionally I had another issue in a exhibition game where I was playing a 3 inning game where the first baseman held on to the ball while I just ran to 2nd base. He eventually threw the ball to 2nd but it was way after the fact. I just stepped on the bag and finally threw it.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like the game but I'm having trouble stealing (on PS4). With a man on first I'm waiting for the wind-up, I'm pressing square, and I'm pressing the left up arrow but the guy on first doesn't run. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure this is a stupid question So I apologize.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #64
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyII
I like the game but I'm having trouble stealing (on PS4). With a man on first I'm waiting for the wind-up, I'm pressing square, and I'm pressing the left up arrow but the guy on first doesn't run. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure this is a stupid question So I apologize.
This has been hit or miss for me as well. Seems like you need to time it perfectly unless I'm missing something as well.

I'm really enjoying the game so far, although I struggle scoring runs. It is a nice change of pace. Really brings me back to the old school games I played on Nintendo, etc. For me on the PS4, I don't notice the long load times that others are talking about. It seems that if they were bad, I would notice but I'm not.

One issue I've noticed is that late in games the CPU doesn't seem to pinch hit for relief pitchers in NL games. I've played a few NL vs. NL games, and the CPU lets their pitchers hit in situations where they should be pinch hit for.
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »