Home

New Pro Yakyuu Spirits series title announced for PS4, PS Vita !!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on New Pro Yakyuu Spirits series title announced for PS4, PS Vita !!!!!!!!!!! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2019, 11:33 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: New Pro Yakyuu Spirits series title announced for PS4, PS Vita !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
How does one download this on PSN?
set up a new regional account and select Japan as the country.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:32 AM   #138
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
the economics and distribution has changed so much in 5 years. The amount of familiarity with Japanese players (due to players in the MLB) and the sports of baseball has also grown. IM just saying its worth exploring.

digital downloads costs less than physical copies. and the global reach has grown. The economics and reach of gaming is global that is what I mean when Is say this.

do not underestimate the impact of a global economy.

again if IM Konami, I think its worth exploring, and we are only talking menus for navigation. again similar to 2k.

I would imagine they’ve done market research on this and decided it isn’t worth it. As I said, using just Reddit numbers it’s easy to imagine they won’t sell many copies. There isn’t even many reliable ways to watch NPB here. Pacific League TV is the best you get and that’s only half of the league. They’d have to advertise the hell out of it, costing more money, just to try and gain some interest at all. Just because people like Ohtani and Ichiro doesn’t mean they care about the league they used to play in.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:36 AM   #139
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

i think in 2010 they have English on main menus. TBO i don't know why they stopped. It's cheap and can only improve interest. You never know maybe it's back this year sense it's a comeback title.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:25 AM   #140
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
i think in 2010 they have English on main menus. TBO i don't know why they stopped. It's cheap and can only improve interest. You never know maybe it's back this year sense it's a comeback title.
My thoughts exactly. If it's relatively inexpensive, why not? Especially being they've done it in the past. I'll definitely make the purchase if it has an English menu option, probably won't without it.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Konami focuses mostly on arcade cabinets and slot machine gaming nowadays. Their console gaming output is extremely low. I just don’t see them using resources on English menus for a Japanese baseball league licensed game sold exclusively in Japan.

While it might make sense for those of you who so desperately want English menus, it makes little sense for them to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #142
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27
New Pro Yakyuu Spirits series title announced for PS4, PS Vita !!!!!!!!!!!

There are English speaking people in Japan too that may want English menus.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:46 PM   #143
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
My thoughts exactly. If it's relatively inexpensive, why not? Especially being they've done it in the past. I'll definitely make the purchase if it has an English menu option, probably won't without it.

Why do you think it’s relatively inexpensive? Which isn’t even the point. The point is, they have no realistic market outside of Japan, so why bother wasting development time on redoing menus, tutorials, etc in English? They wouldn’t just be able to Google translate it and slap it on there. And for the hundredth time, they have very likely done market analysis on a release outside of Japan and know they have no market. This is Konami, not some indie company. This game was shelved for 5 years. Them releasing this edition of it is likely a passion project and they may not release another for awhile. Power Pros is the money maker.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:49 PM   #144
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Does this game have AUTO field, MANUAL throw? Always intrigued by this game, but I’m awful at manual fielding.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »