Home

R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

This is a discussion on R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #65
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

Last year's franchise was a joke. I hope it is a real one this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 19 Arrives on March 5 - New Trailer and More Features Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I have 18 on switch so it’s hard to comment on a graphics comparison to last years game but the graphics are definitely nice on Xbox one. Player likenesses are not great on the other hand. The batting stances for guys I know where alright.

Animations for fielding are pretty bad so far. Players skate around and frames still seem to be missing like last year. The players often just jerk into position. Also the ball interaction with fielders is not smooth at all. I had a pitcher covering first play that was one the ugliest things I’ve seen in a while.

The load times between half innings is a lot better.

Gameplay wise I don’t see anything different than 18 at all yet. It’s RBI baseball.

I’m having fun but I’m not sure for how long that will last. I’ll start a franchise soon and maybe that will add some replay value.
Just saved me $30. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #67
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Thanks for impressions. When you go into franchise can you check and see if they have financials (or anything similar, like a points system?) I know there's free agent signing but that doesn't necessarily mean money and budgeting is involved.
Franchise is barebones. There is Today’s game, Calendar, Lineups & Rotation, Trade Players, Reserves, Standings, Add Free Agents, Team Stats, League Leaders, Settings.

No financials or anything.

The weird ball not interacting with the player properly is getting to me. A fielder can be 3 feet away and the ball magically warps into their glove. I just had a play where the cpu fielder dove but the ball should have bounced but the ball warped into his glove and I didnt tag up.

Also preloading throws is hit and miss. It has cost me quite a few bases given up and a couple double plays.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Franchise is barebones. There is Today’s game, Calendar, Lineups & Rotation, Trade Players, Reserves, Standings, Add Free Agents, Team Stats, League Leaders, Settings.

No financials or anything.

The weird ball not interacting with the player properly is getting to me. A fielder can be 3 feet away and the ball magically warps into their glove. I just had a play where the cpu fielder dove but the ball should have bounced but the ball warped into his glove and I didnt tag up.

Also preloading throws is hit and miss. It has cost me quite a few bases given up and a couple double plays.
Thanks, that's what I figured. I thought since they had free agents and trades listed as features that maybe that had changed, but no such luck.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:53 PM   #69
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

So you just add whatever free agent you want?

That's a huge disappointment.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #70
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0

This will be my first time playing this. Should I get this to try it out? I will keep the receipt this time, so if I hate it I will take it back. I don't know what to expect. All I want is a fun alternative. Tired of playing basketball. I need my baseball fix!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #71
Rookie

mikelecrenski's Arena

OVR: 2

last year though (at least on the switch) they had no free agents and your team stayed the same for 10 years. it was pretty dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 5

screenshots of the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »