Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits Baseball 19 Review

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits Baseball 19 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2019, 02:16 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits Baseball 19 Review

Can you edit players stances and pitching motions like in 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #26
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdevin
Can you edit players stances and pitching motions like in 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
absolutely
大谷 翔平 #17
Shohei Ohtani
It's ThaGreatMuta
Old 08-25-2019, 03:33 PM   #27
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Auto field/manual throw?
Auto base running?

Instant buy if it does.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #28

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Auto field/manual throw?
Auto base running?

Instant buy if it does.
Yes to all.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:44 AM   #29
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

This is now popping up at pretty reasonable prices on eBay. I just paid $54.20 before shipping and taxes for a brand new copy shipping from Australia. Those shipping and tax charges brought it up to around $72 total (wasn't expecting tax on an international order ) but that's still $10 less than Yes Asia wants and about $20 less than Play Asia. An Australian could have gotten this release dirt cheap had they jumped on the listing. Fortunately I don't think there are many Australian baseball fans.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:41 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
I saw some people talking about this on Twitter so I decided to buy it. Wow, what a game. Most of the kanji I understand so that doesn’t bother me but the gameplay is simply fluid and responsive. Ever since playing this, I barely play the show now. I wish we had another option other than the Show for baseball here in the states.*
Dude how...I'm decent at Hiragana and Katakana, but I've never understood how people get good at kanji. So many characters lol.

Game looks amazing. I've seen people talking about it before. Much of what I love about baseball games is the ability to play with my favorite team, but I just might have to grab this. I remember buying a jersey from some player on the Yomiuri Giants back in college. Can't remember who, but I'm guessing they aren't in the league anymore.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #31
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Bought this a few weeks after release from Amazon Japan but finally played my first game last night. VERY pleasantly surprised.

The attention to detail is simply tremendous. It reminds me of the staggering amount of "little things" that The Show introduced with their 08 and 09 editions on PS3.

However, I can't help but feel that The Show now trails Pro Yakyuu in terms of visual authenticity --- its player models, face scans and lighting are some of the most realistic I've ever seen in a sports game.

The language barrier is the biggest obstacle to overcome. I almost think Konami would do well to include an English menu option, much like Sega included on the Japanese version of Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games (that I also recently imported from Amazon Japan). Spirits Translation's help has been invaluable, but I can't help but feel like a menu language option (or eventual patch) would help a ton --- especially since the menu music and certain words are already in English.

It's been REALLY fun so far, and a welcome alternative from the regular baseball we usually get stateside. I also own Pro Yaykuu Spirits 6 (with the '09 World Baseball Classic teams) and PYS 2012 for PS3, so I already knew what I was expecting heading in. Knowing that, it was totally worth the extra import cost. Amazon Japan may be the way to go in terms of value --- it took a ridiculously short time to arrive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 12:37 AM   #32
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
I admit there is a language barrier.
I'm in denial, myself. How can you say such things?

If what TanR says is correct though, I'm glad to hear they'll continue pumping this one out. I wish more sports games did the two-year cycle with a roster update in between (even if they only work say 16 months, that's much better than 9).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »