Home

Strat-O-Matic will sim the 2020 season!

This is a discussion on Strat-O-Matic will sim the 2020 season! within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 19
Strat-O-Matic will sim the 2020 season!

Great news out of Long Island, NY! Strat-O-Matic will be simming the 2020 MLB season!

Check it out! Here is the link to the announcement:

http://www.strat-o-matic.com/announcements/breaking-news-strat-o-matic-to-simulate-2020-baseball-season/?fbclid=IwAR1fziOod_PcUdto7McSo1Q66LwBczljGB7f2jLu yjIJE9BvZRPfr1C72GU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Strat-O-Matic will sim the 2020 season!

I'm getting increasingly concerned that this is the only way that we'll get any results for the 2020 season. Yikes.

-----------

And if you're looking for your own simulated baseball fun, especially in the absence of fantasy baseball, check this out! Sorry for the shameless promotion!

------------

I thought this might be a good audience for a baseball sim league I'm in that needs anywhere from 2-4 owners to fill the roster.

The fun is being the GM of a team with a financial system and real life owners to trade and compete with -- and little else in the realm of minutiae. The website alone makes it stand out. It's by far the most complete, professional website I've ever seen for a sim league.

It's a league that continues to be active (completely, 100% of the time, 3 sims a week, 3 website updates a week, no hiatuses) for around 10 years. We've simmed from the 2002 season to now going into the 2091 season.

Software required are two simple, standalone programs. Sim engine uses an old PC game (High Heat 2003, not required).

Fictional players, teams can be pulled from any minor league, including independents, past or present. It's a 30-team league that includes managing 3 levels of minors. Just enough depth to be fun, not too much to be overwhelming.

I could give a much longer pitch, but I'll stop here so that I don't discourage anyone thinking of it.

Here's the website: www.mlbcsimleague.com

It you're interested, I'd be glad to answer any questions. Also, it's competitive, but people are very friendly. Not looking to screw new members -- just the opposite. Looking for people to round out the league, so anyone is more than helpful for anyone who wants to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »