Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2021, 12:33 PM   #73
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
new game coming out on 7/8....Switch only though

When I get the money I'll definitely be picking this up.

Old 07-12-2021, 12:50 AM   #74
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm weak...i caved and bought it and having a BLAST. Plays just like the PS4 version did, and honestly doesn't look too bad on my big tv.

If there was a "little things" thread for this game like we do for the Show, Im playing Hiroshima and Aizawa comes up to the plate and the crowd is singing happy birthday to him...i looked online and yep, its his birthday!
Old 07-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #75
Rookie

Cyphre's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm weak...i caved and bought it and having a BLAST. Plays just like the PS4 version did, and honestly doesn't look too bad on my big tv.

If there was a "little things" thread for this game like we do for the Show, Im playing Hiroshima and Aizawa comes up to the plate and the crowd is singing happy birthday to him...i looked online and yep, its his birthday!
I don't blame you. This is my favorite baseball game. Has been since the mid 90s. I actually own every version on the PS3, the lone version that came out for Xbox 360, the PS4 version, and now the Nintendo switch version.

I pre-ordered this before I even had a Nintendo switch. I bought a Nintendo switch just for this game. So I understand what it is to cave in to buying the game.

Never intended to buy a switch, but looking at it now. I can play my games on big screen or take it on the go. Win/win....YES!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #76
All Star

franch1se's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphre
I don't blame you. This is my favorite baseball game. Has been since the mid 90s. I actually own every version on the PS3, the lone version that came out for Xbox 360, the PS4 version, and now the Nintendo switch version.

I pre-ordered this before I even had a Nintendo switch. I bought a Nintendo switch just for this game. So I understand what it is to cave in to buying the game.

Never intended to buy a switch, but looking at it now. I can play my games on big screen or take it on the go. Win/win....YES!

I never use my switch and actually have it up for sell on a couple sites. Needless to say I took it down because I’ve been addicted to this damn game. It’s actually taking time away from my other games I always play after work when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-14-2021, 08:33 AM   #77
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Been playing this series through the years and couldn't help myself, broke down and bought the new one for the Switch. Loving it, menus are easy to navigate with Google translate and game play is smooth.

One issue I'm having, probably happened 3 times in around 15 games played. Sometime during the game when I am batting I'll hit the ball and all of a sudden the CPU defense goes into what I'll call "hyper mode" for lack of a better term. The hit ball speeds up as do the CPU defensive players when fielding the ball. This will last for the rest of the game but only while I'm batting and only to the CPU defense. CPU pitched balls are still normal speed as is my defense. The action of the CPU defense speeds up to I'll say 3-5 times the normal speed, almost like it's on simulation speed.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm hitting some type of button sequence to put the CPU defense into fast simulation. I've never had this happen in any other of the PYS games I've played.
Old 07-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #78
All Star

franch1se's Arena

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Been playing this series through the years and couldn't help myself, broke down and bought the new one for the Switch. Loving it, menus are easy to navigate with Google translate and game play is smooth.

One issue I'm having, probably happened 3 times in around 15 games played. Sometime during the game when I am batting I'll hit the ball and all of a sudden the CPU defense goes into what I'll call "hyper mode" for lack of a better term. The hit ball speeds up as do the CPU defensive players when fielding the ball. This will last for the rest of the game but only while I'm batting and only to the CPU defense. CPU pitched balls are still normal speed as is my defense. The action of the CPU defense speeds up to I'll say 3-5 times the normal speed, almost like it's on simulation speed.

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm hitting some type of button sequence to put the CPU defense into fast simulation. I've never had this happen in any other of the PYS games I've played.

What game mode? I’ve been playing this game almost non stop since release and haven’t seen it once. I do know there is a setting for it. Maybe the right bumper I believe.

Old 07-14-2021, 01:03 PM   #79
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
What game mode? I’ve been playing this game almost non stop since release and haven’t seen it once. I do know there is a setting for it. Maybe the right bumper I believe.

I've had it happen in normal match games and just today had it happen in a franchise / season game. Have no idea what's triggering it but it happens when I hit the ball. Again it's not frequent and I can play the rest of the game out, it's just in fast simulation mode (CPU defense).

Figured out what was causing it. Apparently I have a tendency to accidently hit the ZR button sometimes when I swing. The ZR button causes the game to speed up. If you look at the game screen, up in the right hand corner are some arrows pointing to the right with ZR by them. There are different levels of speeding up the game. Just have to be careful when I swing. At least now I know how to bring it back to normal speed should I get careless again.

Last edited by opd897; 07-14-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #80
Rookie

Cyphre's Arena

OVR: 9

eBaseball Professional Yakyu Spirits graphically compares to PS3 versions, but somehow Konami has improved gameplay and physics of the game. Love playing it online I bought a second game for when I get the switch oled, I can play with friends and family online games, on the go, or on the big screen, I'm hooked!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »