Home

Will there ever be a different triple A Baseball game produced?

This is a discussion on Will there ever be a different triple A Baseball game produced? within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
Rookie

BlueSkies77's Arena

OVR: 0
Will there ever be a different triple A Baseball game produced?

Seems like it’s so out of the question. What company would invest in a Baseball game? Is The Show it forever? It would be so refreshing to have a different game from the ground up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Will there ever be a different triple A Baseball game produced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies77
Seems like it’s so out of the question. What company would invest in a Baseball game? Is The Show it forever? It would be so refreshing to have a different game from the ground up.
I don't see 2k getting back in, they already know they can't compete, even when they were the only game in town on multiple platforms. they sure aren't going to try now that Sony & Microsoft are in bed together making beautiful babies.

EA wanted back in but with College Football back in their sights, I bet any return of MVP goes further down the backburner.

that leaves me thinking the only Skywalker on the horizon rests in RBI's hopes. but they gotta do some serious catching up before they're even on the level as Super Mega 3

A Work in Progress
Old 03-31-2021, 06:24 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 35

Unfortunately, I think the days of multiple AAA license league titles are dead. Since baseball is #3 in US behind football and basketball, it's the least likely to get a AAA challenger to The Show.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:31 AM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I think EA will get back into it within the next five years. They might have had a better shot if they got a license with Microsoft before The Show jumped to Xbox, though.

I don't think 2K will come back any time soon, but I also wish they never left baseball and hockey to begin with. Honestly, they dug their own grave with baseball in certain ways (even though they excelled in some facets as well that no other game still has yet to touch).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think EA will get back into it within the next five years. They might have had a better shot if they got a license with Microsoft before The Show jumped to Xbox, though.

I don't think 2K will come back any time soon, but I also wish they never left baseball and hockey to begin with. Honestly, they dug their own grave with baseball in certain ways (even though they excelled in some facets as well that no other game still has yet to touch).
yeah, I can see EA getting back in after the College Football game is up and lumbering under it's own weight.
but I definitely don't see 2k ever getting back in

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »