Home

Little League World Series Baseball 2022 Review: A Grand Slam and Golden Sombrero All at Once

This is a discussion on Little League World Series Baseball 2022 Review: A Grand Slam and Golden Sombrero All at Once within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Little League World Series Baseball 2022 Review: A Grand Slam and Golden Sombrero All at Once

With the Little League World Series in full swing, there is no better time for a...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Little League World Series Baseball 2022 Review: A Grand Slam and Golden Sombrero

This looks great! Sad to hear about the issues you found with the game, though.

While waiting for a fix (that's hopefully coming) for the fielding and/or commentary, can the fielding be set to auto and the commentary be turned off?

Judging from the use of the Little League license and the sharp looking batter/pitcher interface, I was not expecting this to be coming from a small developer. Maybe this puts a bit of pressure on EA/Metalhead to put out some better/more varied product? I would love to see an arcade-y baseball game ala SMB with an MLBPA license, for example.
Old 08-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #3
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Little League World Series Baseball 2022 Review: A Grand Slam and Golden Sombrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawgee
This looks great! Sad to hear about the issues you found with the game, though.

While waiting for a fix (that's hopefully coming) for the fielding and/or commentary, can the fielding be set to auto and the commentary be turned off?

Judging from the use of the Little League license and the sharp looking batter/pitcher interface, I was not expecting this to be coming from a small developer. Maybe this puts a bit of pressure on EA/Metalhead to put out some better/more varied product? I would love to see an arcade-y baseball game ala SMB with an MLBPA license, for example.

Commentary can be turned off as I have done so. Fielding is actually auto unless you touch the controller stick to take over. I would advise one not to touch the stick to field unless absolutely necessary as it will not go well.

Problems I've had are grounders hit toward 3rd or 1st base the fielder will go to bag and not try to field the ball, really needs to be patched. Extra base hits are a no go although once in awhile you will get the mini game to touch controller buttons when they flash on the screen so technically one could get an extra base hit from time to time but it is difficult.

I agree that a season mode would have been great but I am having fun with the game despite it's issues.
Old 08-22-2022, 10:34 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yup, looks about like what I saw in the videos, specifically regarding fielding. I also find it weird that QTE's can trigger in otherwise impossible-to-achieve situations, but I'll let the game be the game in that regard.

Doesn't look like a title worth picking up, sadly. Fielding looks absolutely abhorrent, and the AI may be equally as awful especially with baserunning.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 08-23-2022, 08:53 AM   #5
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
So, when playing the actual LLWS, are there international teams? Can Japan play Taiwan, California vs Texas, or is it just these fictional teams shown in the photos? I'm assuming there are no nations/states represented. Bummer!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

elguapo79's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
So, when playing the actual LLWS, are there international teams? Can Japan play Taiwan, California vs Texas, or is it just these fictional teams shown in the photos? I'm assuming there are no nations/states represented. Bummer!
I remember that in the NES LL game, Taiwan was called Chinese Taipei and I had no earthly idea why at the time.

That game played well, as I think it used the engine (or whatever you'd call it) of SNK's Baseball Stars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »