Home

Situation with Cactus League Games

This is a discussion on Situation with Cactus League Games within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Situation with Cactus League Games

Hello,

I figured I'd share my situation with you all, for comment or suggestions on how I can deal with this.

Briefly, I purchased the Pro Basketball game from Cactus League, along with a few other add-ons.

I kept a running email dialogue with Cactus support, most of the time criticising the cost of the game and its user-unfriendliness.

Anyhow, I bought the download version only. I used up both my installs and requested another code, which they characteristically denied.

But Cactus has a CD order option, where current purchasers of the basketball game can buy the CD for 20 bills, which means unlimited installs.

I thought I'd go this route, since I was out of luck with the install limitations. So in ordering this CD, I complained about the cost of shipping, which was 9 dollars by regular USPS. It must cost Cactus one dollar at most to mail the CD.

I got a return message saying that because I was complaining so much they were going to deny my request of wanting to order the CD, which means I'm left with nothing.

I have talked to my credit-card company and explained the situation to them. One guy said I couldn't request a credit to my account because I had gotten what I paid for. I am now in further talk with other people, to see what my options are.

Cactus is quite touchy about criticism. They know they are ripping people off and if anyone tells them as such they get all defensive.

What really are my options? Should I just drop the whole thing? I'm thinking of sending a request for registration codes every day, just to get on their nerves.

Thanks for listening,

Alan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Situation with Cactus League Games

Have somebody you know buy the game for you, then cover their expenses.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Have somebody you know buy the game for you, then cover their expenses.
I'm not sure how that works. This company is out for cash and not out to make customers happy. Not just anyone can buy the CD ($20+9 USPS). You have to own the full game, and I'm not about to spend more money to buy the game again.

I like PC Action better anyhow. More to do any a lot more fun to play. I'm thinking of eventually getting Strat's basketball game, but will probably wait until the next version comes out. I always thought Strat's prices were the most exobitant, until I met up with Cactus League Games. At least with Strat, if you uninstall the game, you get your one installation back. And if you have a crash, they will more than likely understand and allow another installation. And if you own a external drive, you can move the game from one computer to the next.

But with these idiots at Cactus, you get nothing back if you uninstall. And if you use your 2 installations, they won't listen to what might have happened. And then if you complain and bugger them, they get all defensive and call you a whiner.

If my Credit Card company doesn't back me, I suppose I am out of luck. But I'll bugger them some more, no doubt about that. I've dealt with a lot of gaming companies and most are pretty good: Cactus is by far the worst I've ever experienced.

Alan ([email protected])
Old 02-21-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Something I'm not clear about, did they take the $29 for the CD already? If so, then you should fight them for the money back. Your CC should be willing to stand behind you and do a chargeback(though you might have to wait X amount of days). If they didn't take your money, then just let it go, because there's not much you can do.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Last month I purchased cactus league college basketball and final four trilogy on cd. It cost me $118.65 ($10.00 per cd). I did not know that I could not get a refund. Heard that it was I good game but I did not like it.
I emailed them stated this but got no reply. Poor game, poorer customer service. I have in the past purchased ACTION basketball and TMG basketball. Both better games and much better customer service. I will stick with them. If anybody wants the cactus games I will send them to you for nothing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same thing happened to me, I ran into a problem registering after clamsentinel anti virus interfered with the game, and registration process by quarantining suspicious files, so I disabled it, Well when I installed it again it gave me a different product id, and computer id which the code didn't work on. So I submitted a request for a new code 5 times because they were not sending it as fast as the first time.

I got an email the next day asking why I submitted a registration request 5 times, and they accused me of using 2 computers.

We talked about other stuff in the email like me giving them recommendations about their high prices. Get this.... they charge an extra 30 dollars to draft, and extra 30 dollars for playoffs, and another extra 30 dollars for a schedule generator.

The text game costs around 60 dollars, and costs an extra 50 dollars for a special deal current ongoing season.

They make their revenue off peoples computer crashing, and mental ill people buying the same game twice or more.

They were mean to me in the email, so I would rate customer support as hostile.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:01 PM   #7
Just started!

Hi pm25 do you still have the the cactus league game thanks
Old 05-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #8
Just started!

I also have registered many times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »