Home

NBA Playgrounds Update Out For PC & PS4 - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites & More

This is a discussion on NBA Playgrounds Update Out For PC & PS4 - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites & More within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Playgrounds Update Out For PC & PS4 - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites & More

More free content is coming later this summer for NBA Playgrounds. Saber Interactive has just released a new trailer showing off the 3-point contest and mentions 33 new players are coming, along with a new rebounding system, friend invites and more.

UPDATE: (7-25) The new NBA Playgrounds update is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC. No word on official release date for Xbox One and/or Nintendo Switch.

The Hot Update is LIVE on PlayStation 4 & Steam! 3-point contest , 33 new players, friends invite system! Details: https://t.co/UD2dYx9HPj pic.twitter.com/midhhWJ3ji

— NBA Playgrounds (@nba_playgrounds) July 25, 2017[/quote]

Here are the full details.

New Features:
  • The following players were added: Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, Rick Barry, Tim Duncan, Brandon Jennings, Brandon Knight, Deron Williams, Derrick Favors, Gerald Green, Iman Shumpert, Jeff Green, Josh Richardson, Kenneth Faried, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Khris Middleton, Michael Carter-Williams, Mike Miller, Timofey Mozgov, Trevor Ariza, Tristan Thompson, Tyson Chandler, Bob Pettit, Jerry Lucas, Lenny Wilkens, J.R. Smith, Danny Green, J.J. Redick, Wilson Chandler, Alex Len, Dario Saric and Baron Davis
  • The following players can now be played on a second team, in which they played during their career: Chris Paul (New Orleans Pelicans), Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), Al Horford (Atlanta Hawks), Ray Allen (Boston Celtics), Luol Deng (Chicago Bulls), Dennis Rodman (Chicago Bulls), Tim Hardaway (Golden State Warriors), Scottie Pippen (Houston Rockets), Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic), Goran Dragic (Phoenix Suns), Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns), Jason Kidd (Phoenix Suns), Grant Hill (Phoenix Suns), LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Blazers), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings), Wilt Chamberlain (San Francisco Warriors) and Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors)
  • The following Playgrounders join the Playgrounders team: Ian Eagle, EJ “The Mayor” Johnson, Agent 00, Shake4ndBake and HipHopGamer
  • Added: Friends’ invitation system
  • Added: 1 vs. 1 Unranked matches (in all game modes), using the matchmaking algorithm, but players don’t risk losing any ranking points or changing their ELO
  • Added: 3-Point Contest
  • A new way to compete online. Challenge your opponent to find out who can hit the most 3-Pointers
  • Added: A short steal and push protection when changing characters was added for the Client player in an online match to reduce the Host advantage
Notable Changes:
  • Adjusted: Pushes are no longer effective once the shot attempt is made and the player jumped.
  • Changed: The difficulty of the tournaments was reduced
  • Changed: The lightning ball can now be blocked by a player just like any other shot
  • Changed: The experience gain during the tournaments was increased and slightly decreased for online matches.
  • Improved: The rebound system was reworked and improved to better reflect the intended game style and to make it understandable
Notable Fixes:
  • Fixed: Several issues that caused Desyncs during Online Game Sessions
  • Fixed: An issue that could prevent a player from joining an Online Match after aborting a former matchmaking search right after it succeeded
  • Fixed: Height and Weight stats of the Playgrounders in the metric system
  • Fixed: An issue that could freeze the game, after winning the Tokyo tournament

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-24-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
New rebounding system will be a much appreciated addition.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Playgrounds Update Coming Soonish - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites & Mo

The rebounding system looks amazing.
https://youtu.be/fqXl-6lcYi8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2017, 02:00 AM   #4
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Playgrounds Update Coming Soonish - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites & Mo

33 new players ???

I still can't unlock the last batch .....

Also, how is this a new rebounding system ?? They just added a big dot in the floor, or am I missing something ?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
33 new players ???

I still can't unlock the last batch .....

Also, how is this a new rebounding system ?? They just added a big dot in the floor, or am I missing something ?

The dot is like the shadow of the ball. Now we will know where the ball is and can get in position to jump for the rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
I stopped playing after last patch so I didn't hate it after the feedback but loving the ball shadow that'll help loads

also looks like Kareem is coming or do my eyes deceive me??*

Please dont burst my bubble*
Old 07-25-2017, 01:13 PM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The rebounding tweak is HUGE. That was a sore spot on the gameplay. Hopefully I'll finally be able to play friends with this update.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA Playgrounds Update Out For PC & PS4 - Adds 3-Point Contest, Friend Invites &

Updated OP, it's out now for PC and PS4, patch notes included.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »