Home

Unlock Every Player in NBA Playgrounds For $9.99 - Good or Bad Move?

This is a discussion on Unlock Every Player in NBA Playgrounds For $9.99 - Good or Bad Move? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
I grinded for over two weeks and pobably got about 100 repeats.

it was annoying gamed stunk because of that if it had the 9.99 beforehand i would have enjoyed it much more now the game is tainted to me and cheap
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #10
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
I bought this game on the Switch and played it maybe 10 times. I wouldn't pay $9.99 for the rosters, but I can see where some would. Grinding is fun for some. I like ranking up on COD , but wouldn't pay to hit 20 prestige. Cleaver move for the devs, once 2K and Live drops, most will move on. Get every dime you can I guess.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 08-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Personally I thought the old school approach to the game was a real winner for me, no microtranactions and free regular updates. I don't like the cheese element to everyone having AI and Shaq combos etc but if the youngsters prefer to have everything at once I guess I can't argue.*

I am happy to grind away unlocking packs.*

Take the packs away and to me this game is non exsistant.*

The solo modes are shocking

The fact I'm motivated to unlock new players is the game .

That is what brings me back*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #12
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
With this topic I think people typically forget about the gamers that simply don't have the time to grind. * For people that can spend hours upon hours playing games daily, grind away. *But if you are someone that doesn't have the time or simply isn't that committed to a videogame you should have the option to unlock content and enjoy the game to your liking.
I'm also not sold on the idea that this ruins the online experience. *Isn't the whole point of playing online to have a competitive experience? Shouldnt you want a challenge? Plus*how would you even know if someone grinded their way to get players or bought them all? I would think this would actually result in more variety since more gamers will have a much larger selection to choose from.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
but the actual point of playing the game is to unlock cards and you know actually play the game...

its like me saying I don't have time to play Skyrim and paying 10 dollars (pounds) to say I've completed it.*

If if you don't have time to play you don't complete it.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »