Home

Need advice from Basketball game aficionados

This is a discussion on Need advice from Basketball game aficionados within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Need advice from Basketball game aficionados

It's been since about CH2k8 that I haven't played a basketball video game. Over the years, I guess I've just come across the updated rosters here and since I'm far more of an NCAA fan than an NBA fan, that always was good enough to me.

But of course, as time has passed, things have changed a bit and I've seen these NCAA mods done for the PC 2K series. So, for somebody who really wants the full NCAA experience, what do you recommend: a recent NBA 2K with an NCAA mod or CH2K8 with rosters? I don't care about graphics of older games, and to be honest, over time I've ended up going back to older games with updated mods for pretty much every sport. So I just thought those of you that live in this part of the forum might have good experienced, educated opinions on the subject. It's far more important to me to have an accurate season experience like what CH2K8 offers, so if you can really only play exhibition matches with 2K18, then that's probably not for me.

Thoughts?
(PS, it's the 360 version of CH2K8 that I have)

Last edited by tinpanalley; 12-02-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Need advice from Basketball game aficionados

Given your preferences, you're probably better off sticking with CH2K8. But if you could be content with exhibition games and only a Sweet 16-style playoff tree, then you could have fun with NCAA rosters on NBA 2K18 or 2K17.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornJones77
Given your preferences, you're probably better off sticking with CH2K8. But if you could be content with exhibition games and only a Sweet 16-style playoff tree, then you could have fun with NCAA rosters on NBA 2K18 or 2K17.
Ok, cool. So 2k18 is really only for a really good contemporary gaming experience where you can do exhibition and a playoff. Thanks! Just didn't know if there was actually more that the current releases offered. But I figured.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Ok, cool. So 2k18 is really only for a really good contemporary gaming experience where you can do exhibition and a playoff. Thanks! Just didn't know if there was actually more that the current releases offered. But I figured.
Yep. While the gameplay of next-gen games is obviously richer and better than CH2K8's, there is just no way that next-gen NBA games capture the depth that CH2K8's legacy mode has for the college game.

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
Rookie

I have the CH2k5 version for PS2. Do you know where I might find updated rosters? I would certainly pick up a CH2k8 if needed, but would like to stay with a PS2 version. I have looked through these forums but haven't found any updated rosters for the PS2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeal
I have the CH2k5 version for PS2. Do you know where I might find updated rosters? I would certainly pick up a CH2k8 if needed, but would like to stay with a PS2 version. I have looked through these forums but haven't found any updated rosters for the PS2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
This site is gonna be your best bet for rosters. Make sure you search by extending the range to looking from "beginning".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »