Home

Should I be embarssed to say I like Live 18 over 2K18?

This is a discussion on Should I be embarssed to say I like Live 18 over 2K18? within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 AM   #9
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Should I be embarssed to say I like Live 18 over 2K18?

I feel both have their good and bad. I have both. I love me some video game bball. (Even if the NBA itself isnt quite what it used to be).

Sent from Binghamton NY

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 02-20-2018, 01:07 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I definitely enjoy NBA Live more than 2K. But I'm also playing it more as an arcade, pick up and play, game than a nitty gritty sim. For me, it does bring back the fun I had with Live in the 90's.

I've like 2K, but it has always been about two steps more complicated than it needs to be, for me. I'm sure plenty of folks like the deep gameplay and franchise, but I end up not using most of the tools because I really just want to play.

I'm actually kind of excited for Live 19 in the hopes the LUT gets some real love and work. Basketball ought tone the best CCG in there sports genre. Baseball is more natural, but the small rosters and large influence of single players makes basketball a real good fit.
The live games in the 90s were the best ever.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #11
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Why would you feel embarrased? It is (was) the Live forum. Its where people who like Live hang. What's wrong with posting your great impression of the game in the impression thread? I think it's odd that people who prefer Live feel so compelled to make it known that it's their basketball game option. If you like the game, great. Enjoy it. There's more talk about preferring Live over 2K than actually enjoying/discussing Live topics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #12
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Embarrassed?
Old 02-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #13
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

I have both games, like I usually do...but have not even played a lot of 2k...I'm completely turned off by the neighborhood and myplayer mode. Just not my cup of tea...good for those who like it...not saying it's a bad thing...just not what I want.

I like Live...but, there are still a number of issues that they need to improve on to really make it the game it could be. The issues are all over these forums.

Still a lot of issues around the rim...layup misses that really shouldn't be...and I'm not saying guys don't miss them, but when you pull off a nice up and under or pump fake and they jump and you go up for the layup only to brick it...that's terrible. Sometimes trying to bring a help defender and you hit jump...they won't...that is also bad...if you hit jump...there should be no dependencies, meaning there shouldn't need to be an offensive player near by...or shouldn't matter where you are on the court...you hit jump...they jump...no matter how dumb it would look...I feel that is an animation limitation or EA preventing help defenders from dominating and blocking a lot of shots...needs to be sorted out.

Anyway...I keep going back to it...but wish I could play against friends via invite for play now games...that's the mode I like the most...just playing head to head against people I know...with the NBA teams...not created players.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #14
Rookie

Lets just say we have the same situation. I play 2k from 2k16-2k18 (now) on the next gen. Grinding like hundred hour on 2k until i lost the enjoyment of playing basketball. Just grind grind and grind. Just....to play on MyPark. Thats crazy, i spent a real money just for those attribute. Feels like just doing the same thing every year. Last night a made a decision and changing direction to go with live. Man...i just play one game and under five minute it brings back my enjoyment to play basketball just like old time ( play live since i was on elementary school).

You dont have to feel emberrased. You just need to brave, take the first step and move on. No need to look the others. All my friend on console still sticking on 2k. And im the only one who play live. Thank God i could getting out from "comfort zone" Thank you nba live

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2018, 06:48 PM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Ive been playing 2k on next gen since the first one came out. I usually pick it up during playoff time and I know around All star weekend it's always free for Free Play days.

This year we got it free this weekend on XBL but also NBA Live went free on EA Access.

NBA 2K series had that force field probably forever but last 2 years they got rid of it and it played so smooth. But this year, so far from what I played, the game feels so rigid. And it's annoying that I can't get past the halftime/pregame/replay screens quickly. I am a bit disappointed by 2K18.

Tried live 18 with the expectation it will suck. But after now a good 2 days, I really really really like live! I can't believe I'm typing that. It looks great, the player's faces on par or better than 2K's version. Also it does one thing good - it just plays basketball.

I also like the hybrid arcade/sim approach to the game. I just want to pickup a game and play basketball. I don't want to wait for TNT pre game or some 2K TV video stream. I like the simplicity of Live, just plays basketball.

I don't think I'll pickup 2k this year during playoffs time. Will just go with Live for the rest of the year to get my bball fix.
Fun factor I think Live is almost there. 3 on 3 for Live is extremely fun. For me it's about even for fun factor. And for me that is saying a lot because after all the patches that 2K has I thoroughly enjoy it now, so for me it's great having two great basketball games

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #16
Just started!

ThatGolfR's Arena

I enjoy Live alot more than 2K this year also. 2K has been broken for almost 2-3 years now. Sadly, when you dont have another choice that is at least a passable, playable game. We were stuck with 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »