Home

I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game

This is a discussion on I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #17
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
yup 2k11 is great
but in my opinion, I believe 2k15 is the best representation of today's NBA.
I broke NBA 2k 15 out today and I'm nearly on board with you with the suggestion that NBA 2k 15 could be the best representation and I also had the most fun next to 2K 11 of course

https://youtu.be/5-F_HLr6KPQ

I hate to sound like a fool, but I would rather play this than NBA 2K 18 any day

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #18
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I broke NBA 2k 15 out today and I'm nearly on board with you with the suggestion that NBA 2k 15 could be the best representation and I also had the most fun next to 2K 11 of course

I hate to sound like a fool, but I would rather play this than NBA 2K 18 any day

Actually your right. NBA 2k15 next-gen looks smoother than 2k18. Looks like the gameplay went backwards from this game. Though the lighting is terrible and drives me nuts. The worst lighting out all the 2k's. But the gameplay reminds me of last gen still. I still prefer last gen games but my goodness nba 2k18 is not as smooth and some ways got dumbed down gameplay wise. Good catch. I never knew the game went backwards even in gameplay wise from the same generation. I just thought all the games next gen had stiff animations compared to last gen.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:42 AM   #19
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

I think you may have officially said this about each game lower than 18 at this point

I liked 15, but the shooting ratings update and band aid fix really did a number on it....green shots left and right....no shot was off limits...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-12-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think you may have officially said this about each game lower than 18 at this point

I liked 15, but the shooting ratings update and band aid fix really did a number on it....green shots left and right....no shot was off limits...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Honestly, every single 2kgame in history has something I liked that another 2k didn't thrive on. What I also do remember about 2k 15 is it took a severe or downgrade visuals especially the player models and legends faces really did not look good at all.

I would love it if the ai from the old 2k games would embed into the current 2k game with the current graphics of course. I got to give them a credit though at launch the ai on 18 was a pretty bad but with the patches I'm more than pleased now

Old 03-29-2018, 05:49 PM   #21
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

Quote:
Honestly, every single 2kgame in history has something I liked that another 2k didn't thrive on. What I also do remember about 2k 15 is it took a severe or downgrade visuals especially the player models and legends faces really did not look good at all.

I would love it if the ai from the old 2k games would embed into the current 2k game with the current graphics of course. I got to give them a credit though at launch the ai on 18 was a pretty bad but with the patches I'm more than pleased now

How did the ai change from the ps3 generation to ps4? I never owned ps4 yet and didn't play enough of that genration, but other than being more fluid looking on the ps3 are the animations worse on next gen? Like curious how is it worse in terms of gameplay, like bad animations, bad post play? I know the controls arn't as good because I remember looking that up, for example nba 2k13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 06:46 PM   #22
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
How did the ai change from the ps3 generation to ps4? I never owned ps4 yet and didn't play enough of that genration, but other than being more fluid looking on the ps3 are the animations worse on next gen? Like curious how is it worse in terms of gameplay, like bad animations, bad post play? I know the controls arn't as good because I remember looking that up, for example nba 2k13.
I think the new consoles just overwhelmed 2k going to next gen. It's a problem for many titles making that jump, not just sports games. IMO Madden started Rocky when it went next gen too.

. I'm sure the publisher at 2K was really pressing the developers to get the game out on time ...I remember 14 was a launch title for PS4. While it still holds the crown for the prettiest NBA 2K game of all time, what happened was the AI had severe issues especially defensively. Online was a mess and it was overridden with bugs. Defense continued to have major issues. Imo they got ironed out in 16 but then came back in 17 and even 18. I just don't remember these issues on the old games in the patches were not quite as extensive. I've just accepted this because of how technologically awesome next generation games have become but again graphics prove that it doesn't mean everything.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:52 AM   #23
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Agreed, I played it today after a long time and man I had a blast, enjoyed it so much, and I believe it's not nostalgia speaking for me, I love GTA Vice City and there are certainly sentimental reasons to it but I mean GTA V is clearly the better game. But comparing 2k11 to newer editions of 2k, I feel 2k11 offers more in terms of the pure gameplay
Old 03-30-2018, 08:09 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Agreed, I played it today after a long time and man I had a blast, enjoyed it so much, and I believe it's not nostalgia speaking for me, I love GTA Vice City and there are certainly sentimental reasons to it but I mean GTA V is clearly the better game. But comparing 2k11 to newer editions of 2k, I feel 2k11 offers more in terms of the pure gameplay
The modes seemed more fun too. They also removed the best modes, anyone remember the situation mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »