Home

Die hard 2k user making the change this year

This is a discussion on Die hard 2k user making the change this year within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Die hard 2k user making the change this year

Hey guys I've been a die hard 2K fan since 2K5, before that use to love the NBA Live series. Currently I'm a 96 OVR Center in NBA 2K18 with a park record of 1600-600 and just been getting tired of the rep grind the past few years and looking for something different this year. I played NBA Live 18 for 9.95 and saw they have made improvements from the previous years but was already tied into 2K. I'm going to make the same character I had in this year 2k for live to see the difference in gameplay. So anyone that wants to play this year add me with message LIVE. psn - Le316King
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 12:57 AM   #2
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Re: Die hard 2k user making the change this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le316King
Hey guys I've been a die hard 2K fan since 2K5, before that use to love the NBA Live series. Currently I'm a 96 OVR Center in NBA 2K18 with a park record of 1600-600 and just been getting tired of the rep grind the past few years and looking for something different this year. I played NBA Live 18 for 9.95 and saw they have made improvements from the previous years but was already tied into 2K. I'm going to make the same character I had in this year 2k for live to see the difference in gameplay. So anyone that wants to play this year add me with message LIVE. psn - Le316King
Hi, looking forward to it, I'll probably get it myself. Will add you tomorrow when I get home
Old 07-24-2018, 01:06 AM   #3
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le316King

You can create up to 5 “MyPlayer” (The One) career without wasting 3 hours of your cutscene life.

By the way, Live is about fun and it doesn’t highlight win-loss record.

It’s also playing on equal footing as everyone can get to 98 overall without paying $$$.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm a die hard 2K player from day 1 on Dreamcast. After 2K17 and 18 I'm going to Live 19. I enjoyed Live 18 and as far as I can tell Live 19 has shown enough so far for me to purchase. I'm not interested in 2K19.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:31 AM   #5
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm with you. I've been playing 2K since 2006 and i'm pretty done with it. It's great and all but it's the same thing every year. I feel like they've reached their peak in this generation of console and they're not growing from year to year. They just tweak the gameplay balances every year. Also, i'm sick of the focus on online play. I wanna play offline. And i want a deep franchise mode. I need something fresh, really hoping for great things from EA this year.

NBA Live 2001 was the original game i fell in love with back in the day, so it will be nice to get back on board with my roots, so to speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Can’t call yourself a die hard if you already writing 2k19 off. Die hards don’t give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
Hi, looking forward to it, I'll probably get it myself. Will add you tomorrow when I get home
what was your psn?
Old 08-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
Can’t call yourself a die hard if you already writing 2k19 off. Die hards don’t give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not writing off 2k19, just giving live a fair shot this year. I will still get 2k just not on the release date or grind like I did this year with it. It personally took away the fun from the game instead of just playing for me. Not a fan of the micro transactions either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »