Home

The One > My Player

This is a discussion on The One > My Player within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
The One > My Player

I been playing 2K's my player since introduction in 2010. First few years are ones I still call the Golden Years. From 2k10 -2k14 everything was great. The grind was good, my park was good, and competition was spot on. Then one day 2k decided lets change My Player into a cinematic movie take away from the game and while we're at it lets introduce micro-transaction game of VC. After that it was all downhill. The whole point of My Player grind and play for days, weeks, and months were gone as any Joe Shmo could pay $50+ and start with 85 rated player. If that wasn't bad enough the so called SIM players started complaining that they want this changed and that changed and again more damage to the mode. 2k18 was really bad but when 19 came out and I played just 1 day I knew this beloved mode of My Player was completely ruined forever. Hundreds of cut scenes one after another after another with same awful game play, robotic super defense CPU, and awful game play. Perhaps other modes in 2k have gotten better by My Player is done.

Luckily I decided to give Live a chance this year although I thought 18 wasn't that well made. I'm really glad I did because it really brought back some good memories of grinding for points to build a player back again. I have been playing over 3 days now with many hours and only made it to 81 rated player. But, even still there is so much to do, so many courts to unlock, so many challenges to take on.

PS it took me 9 tries to beat Barry Farms last night and although I was ready to smash my controller I kept trying over and over until I beat it. By far one of the most NBA competitive games I have ever played. I can't wait to play some more soon !

What are your thoughts on The One vs My Player ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The One > My Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
I been playing 2K's my player since introduction in 2010. First few years are ones I still call the Golden Years. From 2k10 -2k14 everything was great. The grind was good, my park was good, and competition was spot on. Then one day 2k decided lets change My Player into a cinematic movie take away from the game and while we're at it lets introduce micro-transaction game of VC. After that it was all downhill. The whole point of My Player grind and play for days, weeks, and months were gone as any Joe Shmo could pay $50+ and start with 85 rated player. If that wasn't bad enough the so called SIM players started complaining that they want this changed and that changed and again more damage to the mode. 2k18 was really bad but when 19 came out and I played just 1 day I knew this beloved mode of My Player was completely ruined forever. Hundreds of cut scenes one after another after another with same awful game play, robotic super defense CPU, and awful game play. Perhaps other modes in 2k have gotten better by My Player is done.

Luckily I decided to give Live a chance this year although I thought 18 wasn't that well made. I'm really glad I did because it really brought back some good memories of grinding for points to build a player back again. I have been playing over 3 days now with many hours and only made it to 81 rated player. But, even still there is so much to do, so many courts to unlock, so many challenges to take on.

PS it took me 9 tries to beat Barry Farms last night and although I was ready to smash my controller I kept trying over and over until I beat it. By far one of the most NBA competitive games I have ever played. I can't wait to play some more soon !

What are your thoughts on The One vs My Player ?
Personally, I myself prefer The One mode because it's more open-ended and relies less on a forced story.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The One > My Player

Love the variety of street ball and league. There is so much more to do then watch cut scenes or go to the park and play vs 12 year old who took mom and dads credit card got their 85 rated players and smash on that steal button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »