Home

NCAA Basketball 10 – Custom Playbook

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 10 – Custom Playbook within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2021, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA Basketball 10 – Custom Playbook

I just started a new dynasty playing with North Carolina. I am ten games into the season and decided to create a custom playbook with my favorite plays. I saved my dynasty with the custom playbook. However, when I play games the default North Carolina playbook is the one that shows up in each game and not the new custom playbook I created. I can never get the custom playbook to show up in games despite it being listed in the "Coaching" menu. I verified that the custom playbook shows up under the “Coaching”, “Roster Management”, “Playbook” menu in my dynasty. It also shows up under my saved user profile. Anyone have ideas as to what I could be doing incorrectly causing it not to show up in new dynasty games? I really like this basketball game as an alternative to College Hoops 2K8, but it could use a manual or strategy guide. Features such as recruiting, game plans, and playbooks are not explained very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom Playbook.jpg (121.6 KB, 83 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: NCAA Basketball 10 – Custom Playbook

It appears that the selection for the custom playbook is found in the game plan screen before you start a game. You have to select it manually before each game. I totally missed this option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Game Options.jpg (120.1 KB, 74 views)
Old 02-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #3
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Do the plays in your custom playbook reflect the play of North Carolina or are they just your "favorite plays" as you stated? Thanks.

Last edited by jd@os; 02-11-2021 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
Rookie

These are plays that North Carolina would generally run on offense and defense and fits their style of play. On a side note, before each game you pick three goals in your game plan. In my experience playing this game success depends a lot on meeting the three goals you set in your game plan before each game in addition to having skilled players on your team. You need to have plays in your playbook that can achieve the goals that you select for your game plan. Therefore, you should have in you playbook at least one play for each: a player to get open for a 3pt shot, an offense that attacks a zone defense, and an isolation play that spreads the floor to allow your best player to go one on one with their defender. Identify you best player and add plays to your playbook that get him the ball.

Last edited by rom3; 02-15-2021 at 10:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »