Home

Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

This is a discussion on Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2022, 05:13 PM   #17
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 22 Review - Embrace the Madness

I started the Demo today and I'm thinking the same as canes21 about the football games. I just don't care about the NBA at all so I'm not interested in that one.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to remove players from your Call List other than clearing the entire list, is there? I'd like to be able to take particular players off without clearing and rebuilding the entire list. Is that possible?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2022, 06:14 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I started the Demo today and I'm thinking the same as canes21 about the football games. I just don't care about the NBA at all so I'm not interested in that one.

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to remove players from your Call List other than clearing the entire list, is there? I'd like to be able to take particular players off without clearing and rebuilding the entire list. Is that possible?

Go into that player's card, click their name on the list, and you can remove them from the list.

― Plato
Old 03-27-2022, 12:27 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I finished the first year. The demo does limit you to only the first season, at least in a Challenge Mode career. I went ahead and bought it, though. The game is a blast and so much better than the previous games of theirs I played years ago.

― Plato
Old 03-27-2022, 06:20 AM   #20
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I finished the first year. The demo does limit you to only the first season, at least in a Challenge Mode career. I went ahead and bought it, though. The game is a blast and so much better than the previous games of theirs I played years ago.
I'm assuming that if you buy the full version you'll be able to continue the Challenge Mode that you started in the demo. Is that right?

I'm not sure I'll want to continue (I've only just begun practice). Just curious.

I'm at Illinois State, fwiw.

Old 03-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I know that some people probably hate it in real life and might hate it in the game too, but I'll say it again, the Transfer Portal adds such an incredible extra dimension to the game.

I lost 4 players after one season, but replaced them with some players who probably saved my job. The next year I was quite pleased that I didn't have anyone transfer, but I knew that that was probably going to be an anomaly, and yep after the next season, I lost 5 players, I had anticipated 4 of them leaving, but that 5 guy was a tough loss.

Throw in the fact that 2 of the 3 recruits that I brought in seem like complete busts(it's messed up but hopefully they'll transfer too, when they don't only play in garbage time this season) and I'm scrambling to put together a solid rotation, it's good stuff.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2022, 01:00 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I'm assuming that if you buy the full version you'll be able to continue the Challenge Mode that you started in the demo. Is that right?

I'm not sure I'll want to continue (I've only just begun practice). Just curious.

I'm at Illinois State, fwiw.

Yes, I purchased the game and continued.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I know that some people probably hate it in real life and might hate it in the game too, but I'll say it again, the Transfer Portal adds such an incredible extra dimension to the game.

I lost 4 players after one season, but replaced them with some players who probably saved my job. The next year I was quite pleased that I didn't have anyone transfer, but I knew that that was probably going to be an anomaly, and yep after the next season, I lost 5 players, I had anticipated 4 of them leaving, but that 5 guy was a tough loss.

Throw in the fact that 2 of the 3 recruits that I brought in seem like complete busts(it's messed up but hopefully they'll transfer too, when they don't only play in garbage time this season) and I'm scrambling to put together a solid rotation, it's good stuff.
Thank god the portal does exist. I lost 3 players, none that really were going to have an impact, so no biggie, and held onto the one freshman I actually expected to leave. Anyways, those 3 leaving opened up 3 scholarships and I was able to bring in a quality PG and C that are hopefully going to help this year not be as down as I expected.

The PG is potentially going to be the best player on the team, or 2nd best, and he's only a sophomore. The C is easily the best big man on the roster now, also a sophomore.

Getting 2 quality sophomores may end up being more important than I anticipated because I'm in November of year 2 and I literally have no recruits interested in my team and have legit concerns I won't get any commitments this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-27-2022, 02:15 PM   #23
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Wow, you serious? There demo I swear never limited you, like what is the point of 7 days if you can only use it through 1 season? LOL. Odd decision.. either way, yeah the college bball game is their best.

Hopefully more OS guys can speak about College Football and Pro Football versions.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:07 PM   #24
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

I guess I'm going to find out how much of a hit to Prestige will be taken for cutting a player.

My #4 SG was causing problems in practice. I told him to clean his act up and he lashed out so I cut him on the eve of the season opener.

He was a 1* with 1* potential so I was happy to open the scholarship up. I only had 2 scholarships and I got verbals from a 2* and then a 3* PG (who I'm not confident will do well enough on the SATs) and I still need a SF so that scholarship will now go to good use.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »