Home

Old 11-08-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Pro

stAte's Arena

OVR: 6
Ed Who?

http://www.canoe.ca/Argos/News/2004/11/05/702349.html

"Kenny Wheaton returned an interception a CFL-record 116 yards for the touchdown that clinched the Toronto Argonauts' 24-6 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the East Division semifinal Friday night"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Ed Who?

116? IM guessing CFL fields are longer then NFL then? Most could be 110. Back of the endzone to the goaline.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

CFL fields are 110 yards long plus 20 yards for each end zone. They're wider too.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm guessing the title of the thread is a reference to Ed Reed's 106 yard interception return against the Brown last night. I don't don't know if it's meant as a joke or if the topic starter is actually deluded enough to think that 116 yards in the CFL is more impressive than the longest interception return in NFL history (106). Ed Reed has been a beast ever since he's been drafted by the Ravens (he's only in his third year...) and if he keeps this up for his whole career, he'll wind up in Canton 15-20 years from now. Also, there was no one near Reed when he entered the endzone so he could easily have gone 116 if the field had been longer.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
Pro

stAte's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I'm guessing the title of the thread is a reference to Ed Reed's 106 yard interception return against the Brown last night. I don't don't know if it's meant as a joke or if the topic starter is actually deluded enough to think that 116 yards in the CFL is more impressive than the longest interception return in NFL history (106). Ed Reed has been a beast ever since he's been drafted by the Ravens (he's only in his third year...) and if he keeps this up for his whole career, he'll wind up in Canton 15-20 years from now. Also, there was no one near Reed when he entered the endzone so he could easily have gone 116 if the field had been longer.
woah...it was a joke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stAte
woah...it was a joke
Jeez, I'm a ravens fan and i knew that the OP was tongue and cheek
Old 11-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I wouldn't call that a joke. Making an interception like that is a huge feat and doesn't happen very often in the CFL. IMO the two feats are about the same in stature. Don't go dogging the CFL just because the fields are longer and wider.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 11-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #8
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
I wouldn't call that a joke. Making an interception like that is a huge feat and doesn't happen very often in the CFL. IMO the two feats are about the same in stature. Don't go dogging the CFL just because the fields are longer and wider.
I don't dog the CFL out because the fields are longer and wider, I dog it out because it's Canadian.

JUST KIDDING for all of those that can't tell what is and isn't a joke around here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »