Home

hot to get son interested in football

This is a discussion on hot to get son interested in football within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #9
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: hot to get son interested in football

You never know. The kid could end up loving basketball and being pretty good at it. If he loves the hoop when he's this young, it may just be something to him.

My parents said they couldn't get me to throw anything when I was little. No matter what they gave me I insisted on kicking the ____ out of it. Ended up playing soccer for over 14 years and loving it.

You may want the linebacker, but you may have a decent basketball player on your hands.

Bottom line like some of the others said and you have echoed...he's 2. You can get him the toys and so obviously, but let him do what he likes at this point. His build and likes and dislikes could be totally different in a few years. They could be totally different in a few days at that age.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 PM   #10
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

Just let him grow up around football...watch a lot of football with him so he gets familiar...buy him jerseys and stuff so he'll be around it and knows how it feels to be in a uniform...call us when he gets famous...dont forget us
Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #11
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

how by chance is your son built with "Linebacker qualities" at age 2!?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

there are plenty of toys out there. I will be getting my son that ESPN Station. It is awesome....it has like 5 different sports you can play.....its like $160 tho. My wife rolls her eyes everytime I talk about it cuz my son is only 15 months old. He loves the basketball goal at our house.

But yeah, the worst thing you can do is to live your dream thru your child. Don't force or pressure him into anything. Enjoy this time while he is still this young.....and let him enjoy it too.

Best thing you can do is to play with him and make it fun. Don't make it into football practice...or drills. make it fun, tackle him, chase him...make him chase u when u have the ball, ...give the ball to him and chase him around the house....make it fun.....Play catch with him when he gets older.....dont' start coaching him too early. HE will decide whether or not he'll like football.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

just have him watch games with you, or teach him how to play Madden when he gets older, something like that. you'd be surprised to remember how much stays with you when you're little...teh former (watching the Bears in the late 80s with my grandpa) is the main reason I love football to this day
Old 01-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

def dont pressure ur son into anything, my dads been does it to me, not all the time but he does, and it can be hell sometimes to deal with him. and how can u tell what ur son is gonna be built like when hes older???
Old 01-13-2005, 07:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I dont know what he is going to be built like when he gets older. I just know he has broad shoulders, wide and thick right now. I've stuck big legos on his shoulders underneath his pads and he looked like a monster. I will definetely let him play what he wants to play. i just needed ideas on how to get him more interested in other the balls go through the hoop. so i think i will stick with the ball in the tire swing idea. i plan on getting the espn station also. that thing is great. thanks for tips advice and everything guys.

Hey is a 5'11 200 lb 14 yr old with a size 13 shoe pretty big. thats what my brother in laws size is. he plays f-ball
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »