Home

Anybody actually play Football? (competitively)

This is a discussion on Anybody actually play Football? (competitively) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Anybody actually play Football? (competitively)

Just wondering if there are any OS'ers out there who play football competitively, if so maybe we can share positional tips, workout plans, personal goals, coaching strategies or whatever else.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody actually play Football? (competitively)

ya i love football and ill be playing it until i cant walk anymore i play highschool and rep football and ill soo be playing some college ball (hopefully) what kind of tips do u need or like do u want a good work out plan??
Old 04-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I've been playing since I was 7 and i'm starting on my varsity team.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

What positions do you guys play?

I play WR , have a great vertical, 4.5-4.6 in the 40, good understanding of coverages and such since I played DB for 4 years. I played WR for a couple years at a younger age, so I'm kind of relatively new to the position but continuing to work hard with my QB everyday and try and maintain that on field relationship. But today I was running routes against my friend who plays corner, and against a safety who was playing a little more deep. Well I started getting frustrated with the double coverage and the extreme cockyness that my friends have on D and only caught about 1 out of 6 of the deep passes that was thrown to me, the one that I did catch was by me leaping right over the corner but I still had a real poor read. Today was kind of a set back after a few successful evaluation camps I had, so just wondering if you guys have any tips on fooling the defender more besides speed maybe looking at the DB the whole time while I running my route until its time to make the catch or just concentrate on running my route? (I can easily burn the corner but he was playing deeper than a corner would usually play in a game), also how to increase the concentration of coming across the middle and catching the ball (I'm usually pretty good with this but with the cannon that my QB has it is hard to pick up sometimes could have been just the ball we were using it was an NFL one, I find the larger CFL balls that we use are easier to catch with). I'm going to be watchign some film of previous seniors who played Receiver and went on to bigger and better things so I'll take some serious notes then.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 05-02-2005, 10:22 PM   #5
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Dude, its not exactly easy to be successful against an isolated double team like that. I don't think you can expect to catch much. I played corner and high school and if we had run the same drill and let the receiver catch more than a single ball we would have lost our jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

No my playing days are over, unfortunately.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #7
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Going into my senior year in high school and hoping to get a scholarship offer.

I'm about 6'5 300 (supposed to be getting down to 290) and I play left guard. This'll be my first year on varsity and I've started two years on JV. Got one week of spring football down and I'm feeling pretty good despite my lack of speed (behold the glory of the blazing 6.0 40). I do feel that I move pretty well and love my pulling plays.

My Video Game Streams
Old 05-03-2005, 12:18 AM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Going into my senior year in high school and hoping to get a scholarship offer.

I'm about 6'5 300 (supposed to be getting down to 290) and I play left guard. This'll be my first year on varsity and I've started two years on JV. Got one week of spring football down and I'm feeling pretty good despite my lack of speed (behold the glory of the blazing 6.0 40). I do feel that I move pretty well and love my pulling plays.
I play defensive tackle right now in a 3-4. I'm around 5-9 220 but I'm fast (4.5 40) and I could play another position. hopefully I can grow some more and get a scholarship offer. I'm good at defensive tackle although I'm basically by myself on my side so I get double teamed alot.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »