Home

What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K

This is a discussion on What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 08:32 PM   #9
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K

if this were in the madden forum it would've been locked a second after posting. is it right that it lives in an almost dead forum?

i could answer this honestly but i have to say at this point i agree with coogr. if it doesn't get ugly i'll chime in (not to mean my thoughts are crazy important, just don't feel like typin them all for nothing).
Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
like I said just let sleeping dawgs lye and the game rest in "Peace" its been through enough already so enjoy whats still here until the exclusive deal runs out.
To be honest, why should the deal end in five years? I would think EA would be in a better position to re-up for another x-number of years, especially since they have the NCAA & the Arena Football league licenses also. That's my big fear, that everything that has occurred has effectively blocked another developer from making an NFL game for the forseeable future.

It'd be easier to let go if the game had run it's true course, but it was cut down when it showed so much potential - the sting of these exclusivity deals isn't going to go away anytime soon. I'm willing to bet MVP fans will be chiming in loud and clear next Spring when there's no MVP on the next gen consoles (unless 2K Sports improves their game immensely). Although it's a bit of a different situation, as there really isn't much MVP was going to improve on the current consoles. NFL2K5 marked a huge leap in one year, and there was still a ton of improvements people felt could be made on the current consoles (well, the XBox at least). I can't help but laugh everytime I read someone say they don't expect to see [insert improvement here] in Madden until 2007. NFL2K5 made us reevaluate what could be accomplished NOW.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #11
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevrock22
Well as many of you know ESPN's NFL 2Kseeries is gone, which was better, why was it better I am curious to know.
Well to be honest and a bit more direct in answering your post IMO both games have (had) their selling points too many to actually hash over and like I said before these threads and post are full of them so perhaps some good old reading thru the threads would or at the least answer and inlighten you as to why the game just won't go away and just whos may have been the better game which in itself is subject to opinion...guys are still tinkering with it off and on in their pursuit to having football in the fashion represented in 2K5, the game simply put was making leaps and bounds in introducing inovative features and options not seen before in a console game...sadly we'll never see them reach the true potential that was theirs to embark on until the news of their untimely demise so we're left with thoughts of what could have been but alls not lost guys are still finding ways to enjoy the game even after all thats happen...the 2K5 legacy still impacts and lives on for a few of us die hard fans of the series.

Despite what guys are saying and whatever complaints they may or may not have the 2k series opened a lot of eyes as to the true potenial of video football gaming and I'm confident we'll see some new inovations come along in the future from whom ever decides to step up to the plate and from what I've been seeing and reading about as far as next gen systems go the future looks bright even for the guys over at EA...their NCCA 2006 is at the least impressive IMO.

Holla Back y'all
Rickster101
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #12
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Hands down as a true Football Sim. ESPN NFL 2k5 crushed Madden...

Only problem is in the day and age. Madden's fan base is larger because of its history since the 16-Bit era.

But alot of small minded people that play games, don't like change so they stick with Madden. Not because its better, but because its popular its in the name...not the game.

Visual Concepts has pushed NFL football to new heights...

Some would argue that First Person football was the new thing, but it was everything.

The Crib!
First Person Football.
A better presentation, that gave it that televised feel.
Like someone said before, the player models are perfect and accurate.
Graphics again, hands down...spanks Madden...
Game Sliders, not to mention the online Patch made it play remarkably better and fixed the run animations.
Running game was more accurate and in depth.
Passing game when using maximum passing had more control.
Defensive awareness was stronger and not ******** like Madden.
Franchise was deep this year and had better options that Madden.

But again, People like IGN.com who are on EA's payroll will not say much good about the 2k series. And I pray to God OS isn't turning Bias...seems that everytime someone opens a forum talking about ESPN or the 2k Football series it gets closed. I mean for goodness sake Visual Concepts finally beat EA and even the EA fanboys hate to admit it. But it did.

If it wasn't that good...why did EA go to the extents to buy the rights, instead of just improving Madden. Because they can't improve it enough to outshine the 2kseries...

So thats my vote and reason...

EA Sports its in the Name, but not the Games.

ESPN NFL 2k5 it will own your soul....and it does own mine...lol
Old 07-16-2005, 09:44 AM   #13
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

ESPN was an overall better game. Gameplay, graphics, certain aspects of Franchise (salaries). T.V prsentation.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #14
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Madden was better, IMO. Better franchise mode, more indepth single player modes. Smooth gameplay, etc. Those are the only things that truly matter to me when looking for a game, if I can play it for a long time single player, which I could with Madden's franchise mode, and if it plays well. Madden did. ESPN was a good game, but I just couldn't get into it because I couldn't get into the franchise mode. For one game Vs a friend, I probably would've played ESPN, but for my purposes I felt Madden was better.

Quote:
If it wasn't that good...why did EA go to the extents to buy the rights, instead of just improving Madden. Because they can't improve it enough to outshine the 2kseries...
the NFL put it up for sale, EA didn't go begging at their feet to buy the rights. the NFL put it out, so 2K could've gotten it, but Madden out-bid them, plain and simple. It's been established before, so why do people keep talking like EA bought them behind everyone else's back...they outbid every other company, fair and square.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
And I pray to God OS isn't turning Bias...seems that everytime someone opens a forum talking about ESPN or the 2k Football series it gets closed.
I'm sure you meant thread and not forum but even still, what threads are you talking about. I've been in the 2k, madden and ncaa forum pretty much every day and I don't know what you're talking about.

Actually, Longhorn, EA's been pressuring the NFL to do this type of deal for years so yes, in the end they put up more money than any other company could, but they also initiated the idea. This is from the horse's mouth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 02:48 PM   #16
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I might not find EA too guilty if it was just the NFL. Instead of just the NFL though, they also got Arena and NCAA. Smells funny...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »