Home

What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K

This is a discussion on What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #25
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: What was better Madden or ESPN NFL 2K

I played both to death over the past few years. Madden's stregnths were the killer franchise mode and it had solid game play. ESPN's presentation was unmatched and the graphics, animations, and running were top notch. I ended up playing more Madden b/c of the defense and franchise (ability to import draft classes was huge). I felt I had more control on D. I did miss the running game of ESPN though (with toned down sliders).

They were both great games. I never understood the whole war thing here that you had to like one over the other. They each brought good stuff to the table and pushed eachother. I will miss ESPN as an option this year, but I am very much looking forward to Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #26
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Madden was not even in ESPN 2k's league in the past few years. ESPN was far and away the better game, IMO.

I couldnt even play Madden anymore after playing ESPN 2k.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:49 AM   #27
Rookie

TurboVol's Arena

OVR: 1

I went back and forth a lot last year. One week I liked ESPN better. The next I liked Madden better.

Each had strengths. Each had weaknesses. The franchise mode was clearly superior in Madden. The presentation was clearly superior in ESPN. I thought ESPN had better control and its running game was better. Madden had better AI, especially in the passing game.

In the end, I'd probably take Madden for a 1-player game, but ESPN for head-to-head competition.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #28
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboVol
I went back and forth a lot last year. One week I liked ESPN better. The next I liked Madden better.

Each had strengths. Each had weaknesses. The franchise mode was clearly superior in Madden. The presentation was clearly superior in ESPN. I thought ESPN had better control and its running game was better. Madden had better AI, especially in the passing game.

In the end, I'd probably take Madden for a 1-player game, but ESPN for head-to-head competition.
Same here, I'm split. ESPN is more realistic but Madden is a little more fun, especially against the computer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »