Home

Thats it!! I'm sticking with 2K5

This is a discussion on Thats it!! I'm sticking with 2K5 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Thats it!! I'm sticking with 2K5

I seem to remember in the 2k series that the CPU would hardly ever throw any ball over 20 yards, can this be corrected?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
I seem to remember in the 2k series that the CPU would hardly ever throw any ball over 20 yards, can this be corrected?
That was up until 2K4. The CPU would make good decisions but never go deep. They re-wrote the logic for 2K5 and now they go deep but make awful decisions.

I hear you Graphik about your pain. The big plays are not quite as prevalent in my games maybe or perhaps I just like it a bit more like that. Granted, it is a little too easy for the deep ball but the game still plays exciting. I have the PS2 version and some have been saying they play differently.

Great players make great plays in NCAA. I am very concerned about opposing impact players in NCAA and I never felt that in 2K5 by the time I quit playing it. It had tremendous potential for 2K6 but life sucks sometimes.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

The cheap crap does bug me.

Like the wr catching a bomb in the final minutes when you call the perfect coverage and have not just 2...but 3 guys blanketing him. That **** is cool once in a while to increase the challenge, but crap like it happens every game.

Still...the game is fun and 2K5 is far from perfect either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopadres
When the CPU decides that a certain outcome will happen, there's nothing you can do; that programming sucks!
I must be god at EA Sports games, because I have never had a problem with the CPU coming back.

Don't take that the wrong way, I know it's there; they've admitted it; I've just never had a problem with it.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That was up until 2K4. The CPU would make good decisions but never go deep. They re-wrote the logic for 2K5 and now they go deep but make awful decisions.

I hear you Graphik about your pain. The big plays are not quite as prevalent in my games maybe or perhaps I just like it a bit more like that. Granted, it is a little too easy for the deep ball but the game still plays exciting. I have the PS2 version and some have been saying they play differently.

Great players make great plays in NCAA. I am very concerned about opposing impact players in NCAA and I never felt that in 2K5 by the time I quit playing it. It had tremendous potential for 2K6 but life sucks sometimes.

I just wish that EA would make a sports game that did'nt have a built in program to keep the game challeging. Thats all it is IMO. They stick that crap in there for the ppl who master they're games and cant lose. Everyone masters a game at some point but instead of letting the ratings play there part, they make sure that you get a challenge to keep the game from getting boring. For instance, if I play with a team with all 99s or A+, then I should have no problem mopping the floor with the cpu day in and day out. Instead, they let a few lucky teams slip by and beat you or provide a challenge.

This stems from the fact that they're older games left no challenge after you mastered them. I remember clearly playing NBA Live on Genesis, beating the cpu by a 100 points easily. Or in Madden, using the same money plays to assure a victory. Or in NHL, using the same tricks to sneak one past the cpus goalie. So I guess they decided to make they're games challeging on the current consoles....by added this cmeback logic. They counter the comeback logic by letting you get a few easy ones in every once in a while. I guess so it does'nt look as noticable.

Anyways, I hate beating the s*** out of a dead horse. But I pray every single year that EA eliminated the logic and every year turns out to do the same thing. I buy there games with the hope that someday, I can fairly lose to the cpu.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:01 PM   #14
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8

I agree with you Graphik, the only reason I'm enjoying NCAA 2006 is because I'm winning. When the computer stirs up a cheap TD on either end, I immediately quit and restart. Unfortunately, this will be the only football game I will own this year because Madden really isn't any different than NCAA besides the speed and teams. I never minded the NFL 2K franchise mode because I only played one season. I don't have time to play multiple seasons, I'll just play another video game instead. It's too bad innovation in video games (and tv shows and movies) don't pay off anymore...
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Graphik, I have had the same experience with EA football. The last Madden I had was '03. I actually liked alot about it....I didn't even mind the announcing. But what I couldn't overcome were the 4th quarter shootouts. I had sliders for 3 great defensive/realistic quarters. But once the 4th quarter came, it was bombs away up and down the field.

And I also didn't really enjoy it when the CPU would give me a freebie TD.....I want to earn it.

This isn't hating on EA. It is just frustrating when there is so much about the game that we enjoy, yet there seem to be a few gameplay flaws that ruin the whole experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #16
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
I actually love the gameplay of NCAA, the running game is superb. The passing game is nice(except for the recievers running they're route to slow) but for the most part, I love passing in that game. The special teams is the best ever in football video games and playing defense in this game is fun. I would love to continue playing this game but the damn freebies ruin it for me
So one problem(and it may be annoying, but it is bearable) is going to keep you from playing a game that you like so much? Maybe it's just me, but if I can say that I like every aspect of how the game plays, on the most part, yet am going to let one "problem" stop me from playing it I must not like the game as much as I say.

IMO I find it silly that one problem would stop you from playing a game with more good than bad.(Don't take this as flaming, because it's not how it was meant. I realize there are flaws in this game, but I must say I enjoy the comeback AI because it keeps me from blowing out the CPU every game and keeps the game fun because I can never let my guard up.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »