Home

Bring Back FPS Football Pro 96

This is a discussion on Bring Back FPS Football Pro 96 within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Bring Back FPS Football Pro 96

The only thing I can say is that anybody who has played sierra sports front page sports football and baseball pro versions before they canned the entire series will know that before ESPN NFL 2K5 came out, FPS sports was the BEST sports game EVER. Granted the graphics weren't as details (for their time the graphics were VERY good) but that game had the best franchise mode, playability, presentation, and overall was the best thoughout game ever made. That game blew Madden out the water and NFL2K5 came out and was the best football game of all time (until all the bugs started appearing). I only play fantasy draft franchise modes so I had no fun playing NFL2K5 b/c McNabb was returning punts and this really bothered me. The dB's were horrible also. I never had those issues with the FPS sports line of games and I played that when the series first game out and they didn't have real players. If NFL 2K5 didn't have all the bugs in it, I'd play that over Madden ANY DAY. Madden has been the same game since 2000, and the graphics only appeared to change since 2003 and now they are still the same since then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Bring Back FPS Football Pro 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua1111
The only thing I can say is that anybody who has played sierra sports front page sports football and baseball pro versions before they canned the entire series will know that before ESPN NFL 2K5 came out, FPS sports was the BEST sports game EVER. Granted the graphics weren't as details (for their time the graphics were VERY good) but that game had the best franchise mode, playability, presentation, and overall was the best thoughout game ever made. That game blew Madden out the water and NFL2K5 came out and was the best football game of all time (until all the bugs started appearing). I only play fantasy draft franchise modes so I had no fun playing NFL2K5 b/c McNabb was returning punts and this really bothered me. The dB's were horrible also. I never had those issues with the FPS sports line of games and I played that when the series first game out and they didn't have real players. If NFL 2K5 didn't have all the bugs in it, I'd play that over Madden ANY DAY. Madden has been the same game since 2000, and the graphics only appeared to change since 2003 and now they are still the same since then.

This is a funny thread because one of my problems with madden and nfl 2k5 was the there were never any fumbled snaps between the QB and center or on special teams and FPS had this since 94'. FPS did have alot of gameplay issues though it wasnt very fun to play by the off the field stuff was second to none.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Bring Back FPS Football Pro 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
FPS did have alot of gameplay issues though it wasnt very fun to play by the off the field stuff was second to none.
The FPS Football Pro series was very good for people who wanted to sim and manage. I think if FPS Football Pro 99 wasnt rushed it would of been a great game for both sim and play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »