Home

The History of Football Gaming

This is a discussion on The History of Football Gaming within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: The History of Football Gaming

My favorite computer football games are still unmatched in toughness and realism. They were difficult to get to work on various computers (this was still a time when a new game came out you had to upgrade your graphics card!). Anyway, NFL Pro League Football and All American College Football by Dave Holt at Micro Sports were two of the games that I played constantly in the early 90s. Hundreds of great teams in the college game and a damn tough cpu coach (that didn't cheat by looking at your plays like early Madden). Rudimentary graphics animations that still gave you a thrill--similar to what Dave Koch and Strat o matic computer games give you today. These were coaching only sims and I've still got both on my hard drives.
Oh, XOR's NFL Challenge was also terrific...in the days before video joystick games ruled the day.

BTW, did anyone know that Stratomatic is coming out with a college football computer game in late September?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:43 PM   #50
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: The History of Football Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouler
BTW, did anyone know that Stratomatic is coming out with a college football computer game in late September?
I really want to get that game...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #51
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

[quote=Bouler]My favorite computer football games are still unmatched in toughness and realism. They were difficult to get to work on various computers (this was still a time when a new game came out you had to upgrade your graphics card!). Anyway, NFL Pro League Football and All American College Football by Dave Holt at Micro Sports were two of the games that I played constantly in the early 90s. Hundreds of great teams in the college game and a damn tough cpu coach (that didn't cheat by looking at your plays like early Madden). Rudimentary graphics animations that still gave you a thrill--similar to what Dave Koch and Strat o matic computer games give you today. These were coaching only sims and I've still got both on my hard drives.

NFL Pro league football was the bomb. My friend and I would play that for hours upon hours in the early 90's. I bought the teams disks from 1970-90. We start our league in 1970 and play every year up until 91. What a great game!!!

Good Call
Racerx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2005, 06:52 PM   #52
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouler
My favorite computer football games are still unmatched in toughness and realism. They were difficult to get to work on various computers (this was still a time when a new game came out you had to upgrade your graphics card!). Anyway, NFL Pro League Football and All American College Football by Dave Holt at Micro Sports were two of the games that I played constantly in the early 90s. Hundreds of great teams in the college game and a damn tough cpu coach (that didn't cheat by looking at your plays like early Madden). Rudimentary graphics animations that still gave you a thrill--similar to what Dave Koch and Strat o matic computer games give you today. These were coaching only sims and I've still got both on my hard drives.
Oh, XOR's NFL Challenge was also terrific...in the days before video joystick games ruled the day.

XOR NFL Challenge!!! HOLY SH**! I totally forgot about that game. I just downloaded it and played a quarter on my computer. works on a windows 2000 machine through command prompt as long as you put all the files in root directory. That brings back memories! Use to simulate the regular season and keep stats. Very cool!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:18 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 29

They didn't even mention mutant league?

The hell?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »