Home

Franchise

This is a discussion on Franchise within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Franchise

I am wondering why you guys think Madden has always been considered the better game for franchise play. I purchased both Madden 05 and NFL 2K5 last year, tried both extensively, and ended up preferring 2K5. This year, I purchased Madden 06 and told myself I was going to put 2K5 away and give Madden 06 my time. I think Madden 06 is really a great football game and does so many things right and I enjoy it. However, when it comes to franchise, I really can't see why Madden has always been considered better. I purchased my XBox only for sportsgames and I play sportsgames for franchise play (I don't have XBox live). When I play a franchise, I am looking for two big things:

- Roster management: Make me manage a roster throughout the season with injuries, signing FA, draft, etc all while working with the cap. I haven't been challenged by Madden's salary cap at all and the IR feature doesn't even work.

- Statistical accuracy: Stats accuracy in my played games and simmed games. Madden's sim engine isn't that bad, but it still isn't as good as 2K5.

What is it that others look for in franchise play that makes Madden more attractive for franchise play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2005, 07:39 AM   #2
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Franchise

Import Draft Classes, build new stadium, owner mode, hiring and firing of coaches, relocation, free agent signing is decent and a friendly interface to use. Personally I love 2k5 as much as the next guy but Madden always has my long term factor of building a franchise.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Old 09-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise

What killed 2k5 for me was one week Donovan McNabb was running back kickoffs, the next week it was Brett Favre. I mean, the salary cap stuff is much better, but it really sucks having to maintain 32 depth charts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »