Home

Arena Football preview @ IGN

This is a discussion on Arena Football preview @ IGN within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Arena Football preview @ IGN

Can we play this on the Xbox 360 though?
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 12-29-2005, 11:32 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Can we play this on the Xbox 360 though?
I hope so. With all the strict substitution and blitzing rules of Arena Football, this game may actually have less cheese online than NCAA and Madden.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #11
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
I hope so. With all the strict substitution and blitzing rules of Arena Football, this game may actually have less cheese online than NCAA and Madden.
Thats why I am excited for this game
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #12
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq

The article states that all the teams share the same playbook. Kinda disappointing, and though I'm in all honesty not too familiar if all Arena league offenses are that similar, it doesn't seem right.
When u watch a game, there's really only two or three formations they run plays out of(if that)... doesn't leave room for much variety.

What I dont like is that there are 25 running plays to the 40 passing plays. 25 run plays seems like too many. I'm afraid it's going to be too easy to run and running isn't a big part of Arena Football. I dont want to have to scheme toward stopping the run like I have to in NFL Street(version I).
Old 12-29-2005, 10:09 PM   #13
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
When u watch a game, there's really only two or three formations they run plays out of(if that)... doesn't leave room for much variety.

What I dont like is that there are 25 running plays to the 40 passing plays. 25 run plays seems like too many. I'm afraid it's going to be too easy to run and running isn't a big part of Arena Football. I dont want to have to scheme toward stopping the run like I have to in NFL Street(version I).
Yeah 25 runs is too much. The arena league is about passing, that's why they have defensive lineman and linebackers in the backfield.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #14
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

This game looks like Madden w/ a new coat of paint called AFL. I wonder if this will be BC w/ 360.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. 25 rushing plays is too many and 40 is just about right, unless you're the Chicago Rush, who runs the ball more than any other team in the league. There's not a whole lot of different plays that you can do with such fewer players on the field anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
This in the end may be the biggest appeal to the game. Nano blitzes will be a thing of the past... as well as drop back back back back...... The 50yd field should keep that in check. Quick decisions should be the name of the game.

Good defense will be crucial.

I look forward to this big time....

Late,

The Guru

Ps... be prepared for going for it on 4th down though. This is used a lot in Arena as field goals are usually a 50/50 proposition. The game on Sunday had Chicago going for it on 4th every time when their kicker got injured in pre game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »