Home

NFL Head Coach now 6/26/06! Madden's involvement??

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach now 6/26/06! Madden's involvement?? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3
Exclamation NFL Head Coach now 6/26/06! Madden's involvement??

Sorry for double-posting this info (both in a new thread and in my original post)

All of you conspiracy theorists (is this the new Madden?, will they incorporate the 2006 NFL Draft class, etc.) might be onto something...

Checked ebgames.com again this morning to look at some of my pre-orders (Arena Football, Rugby 06, Fight Night Round 3) and now the release date has been moved to 6/26/06!!

Like I said before, if they get it right, it'll be worth the wait. It will be VERY interesting to see how this plays out over the next few months. For fans of the Front Office Football genre, this will be a wonderful opportunity, but for football gamers in general, there's a lot of uncertainty in the air.

We could end up with two Madden games (if EA chooses to incorporate the Madden name into this title) or none (if ABC forces EA's hand because of Madden's new involvement with NBC) in 2007. Given that Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are still doing the commentary for 2K Sports' upcoming baseball title, even though ESPN is no longer involved with the game and Miller and Morgan were still ESPN employees last I checked, I find it difficult to believe that EA would not be able to come to some sort of agreement to maintain Madden's involvement in the longest-running, most popular sports gaming franchise of all time. But in this new world of sports gaming, I suppose anything is possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NFL Head Coach now 6/26/06! Madden's involvement??

The ESPN crew is on NCAA Football, even though up until this year ESPN didn't sponsor it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »