Home

afl unlockable teams...

This is a discussion on afl unlockable teams... within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 AM   #17
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: afl unlockable teams...

So, wait, if I want to play as the Minnesota Fighting Pike in Season mode once I unlock them, I can't do so? And if I wanted to create an identical team to the Pike via the create-a-team feature, and then hold a fantasy draft to stock the roster, I still would not be able to add a team I created with an identical helmet, logo, and uniform into Season mode?

If I'm reading your posts correctly, unlocked teams can thus be used only in Exhibition mode, which runs counter to the impressions I got while reading the previews for this.

I'm just a guy that posts here, and an AFL fan, and one of the most attractive parts of this game for me was the potential ability to re-create a historical AFL squad and lead them to multiple ArenaBowl titles. I really hope the ability to do so remains within the game.

Haven't picked the game up yet, please let me know if my worries are correct.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #18
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

I am sure I read in one or more of the previews that it was possible to to replace a current team with a historic one in the season / dynasty mode. I would assume that the historic team that one wants to use would have to already be unlocked for it to be used. I played several exhibition games last night and unlocked probably 8 or so historic teams but did not start a season or attempt to replace a current team with one that I had unlocked. Anyone try to replace a current team with one they have unlocked?

OK, I just went back and looked at the interview that OS did with Kendall Boyd and he does say this is possible!

Last edited by opd897; 02-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #19
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I couldn't even find how to view the rosters for the unlockable teams. I know they will be just numbers, but I want to see if Cleveland has "Major Harris" as their QB.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #20
Pro

UNLV_1999's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
I am sure I read in one or more of the previews that it was possible to to replace a current team with a historic one in the season / dynasty mode. I would assume that the historic team that one wants to use would have to already be unlocked for it to be used. I played several exhibition games last night and unlocked probably 8 or so historic teams but did not start a season or attempt to replace a current team with one that I had unlocked. Anyone try to replace a current team with one they have unlocked?

OK, I just went back and looked at the interview that OS did with Kendall Boyd and he does say this is possible!
They said it was possible in the interview, but in reality you can't do that. They messed this up.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I've unlocked about 8 teams so far. I cannot see any of them in the rosters section, so they cannot be edited. I also started a season, and while you can include created teams, you cannot use any of the unlocked teams. The Only historic team logo available is the Voodoo. I looked in both sets of logos for the Mustangs after I had unlocked them.

Looks like someone messed up at EA on this. I stil like the game, but this really takes a lot of the shine off of it knowing that I can't play as the Mustangs in a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2006, 12:33 PM   #22
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I've unlocked about 8 teams so far. I cannot see any of them in the rosters section, so they cannot be edited. I also started a season, and while you can include created teams, you cannot use any of the unlocked teams. The Only historic team logo available is the Voodoo. I looked in both sets of logos for the Mustangs after I had unlocked them.

Looks like someone messed up at EA on this. I stil like the game, but this really takes a lot of the shine off of it knowing that I can't play as the Mustangs in a season.
Yeah, I feel your pain. It takes some of the shine off for me as well. Especially when in the interview with Operation Sports the Product Manager, Kendall Boyd, specifically states you can do this. I really hope there is just something we are overlooking. If not EA just lost a lot of credibilty, as if they hadn't already with that game they put out called Madden (360 version). I was really looking forward to placing the Barnstormers in my season / dynasty. I had actually sold a couple of my friends on buying this game telling them about the fact that you could use a historic team in dynasty mode. Looks like I'll have to eat crow. Thanks EA.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by opd897
Yeah, I feel your pain. It takes some of the shine off for me as well. Especially when in the interview with Operation Sports the Product Manager, Kendall Boyd, specifically states you can do this. I really hope there is just something we are overlooking. If not EA just lost a lot of credibilty, as if they hadn't already with that game they put out called Madden (360 version). I was really looking forward to placing the Barnstormers in my season / dynasty. I had actually sold a couple of my friends on buying this game telling them about the fact that you could use a historic team in dynasty mode. Looks like I'll have to eat crow. Thanks EA.
I'll add myself to this list, too. I was looking forward to using the Houston Thunderbears and/or Texas Terror in season mode. I'll be disappointed if it's 100% true that this isn't possible.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #24
Rookie

chicago23's Arena

OVR: 3

Operation Sports: Could you give us some details about the Dynasty Mode? How is the off-season going to be handled?

Kendall Boyd: We have a franchise mode in which you can load a created or classic team and even do a fantasy draft. Once you’re in the mode you will have to negotiate free agents and trades and maintain your depth chart from year-to-year.

I'm with you on this, as I sold a couple friends on the game as well because of this ability to play seasons as a historic team. To lack the ability to even use the logos of these teams to create our own squads is a ludicrous oversight on EA's part, exacerbated by the quote to the otherwise by one of the game's developers.

I'm not going to start an EA boycott or anything crazy over this, but when game developers overpromise and underdeliver, it drives me nuts. If EA intends on having this be a recurring title in the future, missteps like this are inexcusable. I hope that we are just missing something really simple here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »