Home

Ricky Williams to the CFL?

This is a discussion on Ricky Williams to the CFL? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Ricky Williams to the CFL?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2424348

If Ricky wants to have a fun time in the CFL he needs to play in BC not Toronto.

The hippie lettuce is easy to obtain here and the police don't really care if you blaze. Also the CFL doesn't have a drug testing policy.

Considering this is the last year of not having the cap enforced, the Argos would be smart to offer him a huge one year deal. Somewhere around the $250,000-$400,000 range. I believe he would sell season tickets.

Last edited by VanCitySportsGuy; 04-27-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
MVP

HungryBologna's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Ricky Williams to the CFL?

Yeah I think he should go play. Although there's the chance of him getting hurt but at least he'll stay in football shape and it won't be as bad if he just sat out a whole year.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

If there's one coach in the CFL that could handle Williams, it's the Pinball. I think that Pinball would be a great influence for him but I doubt he ever plays here.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
If there's one coach in the CFL that could handle Williams, it's the Pinball. I think that Pinball would be a great influence for him but I doubt he ever plays here.
I doubt it too, but you're right, Pinball has the kind of personality and charisma that no other coach in pro sports has. It would be better for Williams career than just missing another season, if he actually wants to continue his career at this point or just get high every day.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Handle Williams? This is another example of people just thinking he's a thug. Give it up.

Ricky Williams is an extremely hard working football player in practice, during the games, etc. He talks to the media well and works hard at his craft during the season. His problems with football were NEVER with coaches or players or for lack of work ethic on the football field.

There is not a coach who couldn't "handle" Ricky Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2006, 11:48 AM   #6
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

"New CFL recruiting slogan: It's not a felony up here, you'll only get a ticket!"
Old 04-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
Handle Williams? This is another example of people just thinking he's a thug. Give it up.

There is not a coach who couldn't "handle" Ricky Williams.
You read me wrong. What I mean by "handling" Ricky Williams is that Pinball would be a great coach to get him to work out his problems with weed and whatnot. Yes, it's not a hardcore addicting drug but it's something that's taking his career away from him. Pinball's done a great job with malcontent types and others who've had problems whether it be on the field or off.

So what i'm trying to say is that Pinball Clemons would be a great motivator and someone who can help Ricky out while not being overly harsh and judgemental about him.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-28-2006, 12:23 PM   #8
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
"New CFL recruiting slogan: It's not a felony up here, you'll only get a ticket!"
LMAO!

So true...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »