Home

Quincy Carter released from the Montreal Aluettes

This is a discussion on Quincy Carter released from the Montreal Aluettes within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #17
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Quincy Carter released from the Montreal Aluettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Oh so a CFL team relases him and that means Boller, Ramsey or Harrington are better?

The fact that Ramsey couldn't outplay Brunell, Boller played worst than Anthony Wright and Harrington couldn't stay ahead of Garcia makes me beg to differ.

Put them all in an NFL training camp on the same team and I'm betting Carter would out play all of them. The CFL gig has nothing to do with it because he was probably already behind the 8-ball anyways.

People thought that the Jets season was done when Pennington went down 2years ago down the stretch and carter hads to start their last 4 games yet he still went out against a very good Baltimore defense and played well. The Jets still made the playoffs despite everyone thinking they were doomed because Carter was taking over.

So he not only won games in Dallas that he needed to win but he also won games in New York that they had to have aswell. The bottom line in the NFL when it comes to QB's is can you win games with them and Carter won his share of games. The other's have yet to it and they are still getting chances to prove themselves every year.

Yes that explains why he's unemployed, because he wins games.

Did you watch the Baltimore, Cleveland, Arizona games that year? They won 2 of those games despite Carter's play.

Bottomline, he's a career 56% passer who's thrown more INT's than TD's and if he could play, he'd be in the league right now. He just was never that good.

You can deflect on Harrington, Boller, and that group, I never mentioned them, don't know why you keep bringing them up. The only thing I disputed was the statement you made that Carter didn't have a better hand dealt to him at the starts of their careers. That's simply no where near being true.

The other difference between Carter and the others, is that they have NFL jobs, and he doesn't. If he can't make a CFL team, I somehow doubt he's going to beat out Carr, or Boller or anyone else that you mentioned for that matter.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:29 PM   #18
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Oh man here we go again, this bad boy is going to jump to 9 plus pages in no time LOL.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #19
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Oh man here we go again, this bad boy is going to jump to 9 plus pages in no time LOL.

Nah. I am done, why waste my time on a guy that isn't playing in any league?
Old 05-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 18

Dallas never won BECAUSE of Carter. They won because of their defense mainly and the fact that they had good skill position players, other than QB. Carter was somewhat decent for them but it's been all downhill from there.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Dallas never won BECAUSE of Carter. They won because of their defense mainly and the fact that they had good skill position players, other than QB. Carter was somewhat decent for them but it's been all downhill from there.
Well said, just because a team gets wins when a QB is starting does not necessarily mean they won because of their QB and vice-versa. I find it hard to believe anyone at all would be extolling the virtues of Quincy Carter considering he GOT CUT FROM THE FREAKIN' MONTREAL ALUETTES!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #22
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

It sounds like Carter was more of an a-hole in camp than anything and thats why he got cut. I think the Als just decided that they didnt need his "I'm better than this, I'm an NFL starter" routine in the locker room.

And as for the whole debate, Carter is the picture perfect mold for a CFL QB, mobile, strong arm, but clearly he didnt live up to the potential in Montreal either. He could have been good here too, and after a season or two earned a backup NFL spot I'm sure.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:08 AM   #23
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I was just as much of a Quincy supporter as anyone during his time in the Dallas, but when you are cut in favor of the likes of Scott McBrien and Nealon Greene, by a CFL team no less, the writing's on the wall for your pro football career. I'm not sure he'll even get a shot in the AFL at this point.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:49 AM   #24
Banned

Liquid-Science's Arena

OVR: 2

he fell of fast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »