Home

Theisman rips Argos for Williams move

This is a discussion on Theisman rips Argos for Williams move within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #17
All Star

DrJones's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Theisman rips Argos for Williams move

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Umm, the last time I checked marijuana was an ILLEGAL DRUG!
So yeah they should test for it!!!!
Does your workplace test for marijuana?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones
Does your workplace test for marijuana?
Mine doesn't..........
Old 06-01-2006, 02:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

He was just on Dan Patrick. Hypocritical as usual. He said if it were not the Argos, a team he played for, he's not sure he would've said anything.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
He was just on Dan Patrick. Hypocritical as usual. He said if it were not the Argos, a team he played for, he's not sure he would've said anything.
Now that is just pathetic. Where is a coked up Lawrence Taylor when you need him.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #21
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
The reason athletes are tested is to prevent cheating through the use of performance enhancing drugs because it has a direct effect on the product. Legal or not has nothing to do with it. In fact, there are drugs that are perfectly legal and that athletes get suspended for using because they enhance performance. Should the NFL have players followed to see if they do anything illegal and then suspend them? I thought legal matters were the responsibility of the police and judicial system, not sports leagues.
So you really dont think that the owners and exects have anything to do with the NFL testing for mary jane!?!
Just like in the real world no employer wants their work force smoking weed, much less a work force that makes 1 million dollars a year!
My point was you should not be allowed to play in the NFL if you are out there doing ILLEGAL Drugs in your spare time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
So you really dont think that the owners and exects have anything to do with the NFL testing for mary jane!?!
Just like in the real world no employer wants their work force smoking weed, much less a work force that makes 1 million dollars a year!
My point was you should not be allowed to play in the NFL if you are out there doing ILLEGAL Drugs in your spare time!
The NFLPA made a concession with it to get something else they wanted, however unless you are in the drug treatment program you don't get tested for marijuana in the offseason. I am guessing they figured they'd get their smoking done before training camp.

As for employers, it is truthfully none of their business what their employees do in their free time, unless they do something to bring attention to themselves or get arrested. As long as you don't show up to work stoned or drunk and are doing your job effectively, what should the employer care? Hell, I'd argue that any drug testing sans suspicion you were high at the office is really crossing the Big Brother line by your employer.

As for the legality of the drug, that really is arbitrary. Why is it illegal? Because well before any of us were born someone uptight politician with an ultra moralistic agenda decided it should be illegal? That makes sense, especially considering a far more harmful product like tobacco is perfectly legal. I know I certainly don't agree with the law myself and once I am done law school I am entertaining the idea of working for an advocacy group to see the drug legalized.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Just like in the real world no employer wants their work force smoking weed,
In the real world, very few employers test employees for drugs. As MassNole said, what you do on your own time is your own business. As long as you don't show up for work with your faculties impaired, your employer has no say on what you can or can't do outside of work hours.

Marijuana being illegal is quite laughable in itself. It's effect are no worse than alcohol really and there are various law projects in many countries aimed at de-criminalizing possession or flat out legalizing it. I'm all for that.

And that's from someone who does not smoke and hardly ever drinks.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #24
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
In the real world, very few employers test employees for drugs. As MassNole said, what you do on your own time is your own business. As long as you don't show up for work with your faculties impaired, your employer has no say on what you can or can't do outside of work hours.

Marijuana being illegal is quite laughable in itself. It's effect are no worse than alcohol really and there are various law projects in many countries aimed at de-criminalizing possession or flat out legalizing it. I'm all for that.

And that's from someone who does not smoke and hardly ever drinks.
I would totally disagree!
Almost any higher paying job with substance will require a drug test.
I am 33 and all three of my majors employers had random drug testing!
At my current job I have to take a random test 4 times a year, and by the way more and more employers are doing drug test now days. Your companies insurance will go down if they have drug testing and that is why they are requirering it now more then ever.
Also you guys should spend a few days with a couple of my friends if you thing smoking weed is fine. They have both lost their families and their jobs because they can not quit smoking weed. They literally just set around and play video games and smoke weed all day long. They are both 36 and live in their moms basement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »