Home

Winnipeg cuts Onterrio Smith

This is a discussion on Winnipeg cuts Onterrio Smith within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 06-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18
Winnipeg cuts Onterrio Smith

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=168437&hubname=cfl

They gave him an option of taking a practice roster position, which I doubt he takes. I think he rubbed some people the wrong way, especially the leagues current best RB Charles Roberts. Who knows if he'll rebound somewhere else, he didnt pick the best place to play either, just like Quincy Carter. But it seems like some CFL teams would prefer to just not bother with former NFL-ers who may not take the league or the team seriously. It looks like Ricky Williams may be the only exception so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Winnipeg cuts Onterrio Smith

At least Ricky seems like he wants to play in the CFL. The man stayed in a fleabag hotel for a whole week before signing!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
At least Ricky seems like he wants to play in the CFL. The man stayed in a fleabag hotel for a whole week before signing!
Yeah, which bodes well for me. A friend of mine was ripping him so we made a 50 dollar bet that he would lead the league in rushing this season. My only clause in the agreement was that if he misses 3 starts (2 must be consecutive), the deal is nullified. So if he stays healthy all season I expect him to lead the league. His only real competition is Roberts, Keith and maybe Holmes.

I was shocked so many people disregarded his skill, didnt think he's still in his prime, etc. I made the bet last night at the poker table with my friend, and one random guy said he thought John Avery was better. Come on people.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Before the new CBA came in, a practice roster player only made $500 a week.
I doubt Smith takes it.

Smith has nobody to blame but himself. He came into camp overweight and was worthless in the last Bombers pre-season game.

I say good riddance.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

That's a pretty good bet Donovan. I think Ricky has an excellent chance to lead the league in rushing as well. It all depends on how the Argos utilize him.

At least the last game he was 11/46

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Guy just can't get it together...

He is young, with great talent, but just can't get his act together.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i went and saw him play in high school here is sac at grant. he was on the same team as donte stallworth and some other D-1 players. they were playing a team called nevada union, their biggest rival. (same school as spencer havner who i think was a freshman at the time and some other D-1 players) those guys were seriously fast and you could tell they had serious talent.

they lost the game 22-21 or something like that when they couldnt score in the last minute from the 20. they had one or two dropped tds in the end zone. not sure who dropped them.

some kids i know said who were in junior high and beyond with him said the dude was faster than all the high school kids even then. its too bad. he could have been great, but he keeps washing out everywhere he goes. he needs to appreciate what a talent he has, because many here in sac saw it early.

ON A SIDE NOTE: i did see the greatest block ever, any level, in that game. on a punt return the grant return man was running to the sideline right in front of where i was sitting. he had 3 NU players following him with the angle. some grant player dove chest high across all three of them and took them down. the place went nuts. he only got about 15 more yards but who cared. the block was awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »