Home

2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

This is a discussion on 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game .. within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #49
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2 years...and 2K5 still the best fb game ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets
How about a master "I love 2k and hate EA" thread so we dont get more worthless trolling of the same stuff every week. No matter how much you whine, there won't be NFL 2k7 for the 360.
This thread is not trolling. Its the ones catching feeling thats making it that way. He just stated his opinion and others agreed or disagreed. Dont catch feelings because alot of what he said is true to alot of people on the board. Just play your game son.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caventer
ever. As I stare at the $400 white 360 I just paid for and the $60 dollar NCAA 07 I paid for, I wonder, why didn't I just pop in the best game, best graphics, best presentation, best controlled...simply the best game ever into my old XBOX?

Why? Because I hoped and prayed that EA finally got their act together, that this would be the one...that this would be when they at least caught up to what 2K Sports had done with 2k5. I know, its apples to oranges...college vs. pro...but I simply expected more....better controls being the main thing and frankly much better graphics out of the 360 version of this game. I guess I will wait until Madden comes out and see how mad it can make me.

I am not trolling! I am just simply stating how I feel. I really do miss my 2K5...but I know it is dead...so sad. Wish there was no such thing as exclusive rights. I cannot imagine 2K5 on the 360.
After seeing 2k's latest batch of drink "coasters" (MLB2K, NHL2K,CollegeHoops).....I am glad that I can even PLAY the game before I decide if its bad or good. 2K is not a great alternative to me.

I loved 2K5 too but , then again, I liked Marble Madness and you dont see me whining to Konami because theres no other "marble" games out there.

Last edited by Jack Mauer; 07-19-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #51
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Good god. That stupid 2k football game is becoming the High Heat of the football kingdom. Every stinking year it's legacy gets better than the year before. It did some things well and it stunk at other things - big flipping deal. You know what? At this point I'm glad it's dead because at least its annoying fans are miserable. If you like it, play it, but keep it out of these other forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 09:31 AM   #52
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

2k5 was as unplayable to me as some of the madden games. Who cares if it looked great if the franchise mode and other parts of the gameplay and franchise were broken.

I certainly don't understand what all the hype was.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:32 AM   #53
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
So, NFL2K5 excelled in the gameplay department?
- The DB AI was some of the worst in any football game
- The DL glitch
- Corner routes being money
- RB's trucking DL twice their size

2K5 was a great game, don't get me wrong, but it needed major tweaks to make it a great playing football game.
And thats the point these thing could have been corrected only maximizing the games gameplay & greatness. EA had bad DB play, suction blocking, money plays, same trucking issues. But with all that said EA issues in gameplay > 2k5 by a long shot. Pros & cons in both games but 2k blasted EA in everthing else, it wasnt even close.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #54
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
And thats the point these thing could have been corrected only maximizing the games gameplay & greatness. EA had bad DB play, suction blocking, money plays, same trucking issues. But with all that said EA issues in gameplay > 2k5 by a long shot. Pros & cons in both games but 2k blasted EA in everthing else, it wasnt even close.
who cares about madden or 2k5 right know? I know I don't, NCAA is everything I look for in a football game, nice graphics, good gameplay.

maybe in 30 days i will want to play madden, but for now, Im happy.

and i have no time for the old Madden vs. 2K argument in the NCAA forum.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #55
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I swear some people are starting to sound like my grandparents. "When I was your age there was this football game made by 2K Sports..." Get over it already people. 2K5 was a good game but it also had several flaws. NCAA on the 360 is possibly the best sports game I have ever played. 2K5 got bland after a while. The floaty ball on pass plays was so annoying. Not to mention the questionable DB A.I.

What's NCAA been out a day? Most games are going to get bland after two years.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Um, why doesn't a mod lock this thread?
Because we're trying to give it a chance?

Because we think it could generate a good discussion?

Becasue we think people might actually contribute to it, rather than troll in it?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »