Home

Complain to the NFL

This is a discussion on Complain to the NFL within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Complain to the NFL

I think fatigue is "Supposed" to be in the game. You guys/gals are acting like EA left it out intentionally. I think, if it is not in there (In the retail version), it is a technical issue/bug.

I do recall some interviews with producers of the game talking specifically about fatigu and how they've adjusted it to represent a more realistic flow to the game.

sounds to me like this is an "Oversight" that will most likely (Hopefully) be patched.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
I'm not much of an activist type but I think that taking complaints to the NFL is a great idea. The NFL may not do anything today, but enough complaints may sway their future actions especially with regards to exclusivity and terms of the license (quality of product).

Whats the proper email address?
So...you're all excited about trying to make a difference...yet...you're not motivated enough to go find the e-mail address on your own?

Or maybe a mailing address?

Think of it this way...you send a letter registered mail, and someone will at least have to sign for it. There's a much greater chance of it actually being read if you do that.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

If we all get the same email to write too, you never know. I doubt it, but you never know. Aside for NFL logos, player names, and stadiums, EA poorly represents the GAME of football.

If we do write anything, I think we need to stress the fact the NBA is probably making more money on their license because it is spread out over multiple companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

are you SERIOUS!!!! your not going to get the game just because "so far" theres no reports of fatigue?? get real.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

You: Is this the commishioner of the NFL

Commish: yes

You: Can you do something about EA. The players don't fatigue

Commish: WTF are you talking about

You: Madden 2007

Commish: WTF is that ?

You: It's a video game. Plus they won't put clear visors and a sock editor in

Commish: Quit wasting my time.........click
Old 08-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
So...you're all excited about trying to make a difference...yet...you're not motivated enough to go find the e-mail address on your own?

Or maybe a mailing address?

Think of it this way...you send a letter registered mail, and someone will at least have to sign for it. There's a much greater chance of it actually being read if you do that.
Someone would get it. Read it..dont know if they would read it all the way, and then it would find its way to the trash and the reader would go on about his day at the office.

Some people crack me up when they come in here with the vigor and passion as if they were going to march on Washington and this was sthe 60's lol. They dont understand that EA aint Washington and this aint the 60's and a videogame isnt destroying other peoples lives lol. I will admit that when I was younger and nieve I too probably would suggested what the thread starter did..but at 32 years old and working in corporate america for the past 12 I have come to terms with the ugly reality of things. EA or the NFL could care less what a handfull of people have to say. Money dictates everything. If these kids hit them in the pocketbook signifigantly, then yes they would listen, but the sad truth is that hitting them in the pocketbook would be the equivlant of a midget taking a swing at King Kong.

Companies just dont care unless they have something to genuinely fear..and right now..the NFL and EA are not afraid of a handfull of angry kids..and sadly its probably going to stay that way. I do think that poor reviews across the board would make EA take notice but outside of sites like this I have lost faith in the review process of large magazines and sites like EGM, IGN, Gamespot, 1up, etc. Im not saying EA pays them to not write really negative reviews about thier titles but lets be real here, its nothing for EA to hook up a few guys at one of those offices with some free games, perks, exclusive interviews, etc...and in return we get tainted reviews. The reality is that these huge gaming magazines are soley about, well games..if they cant get access to the people and perks at these game companies, they have nothing to put in thier magazine..and if there is nothing in thier magazine, there is no reason for us to go buy thiere magazine or spend time on thier site and bost up thier clickthrus and webtrends stats so they can sell more ad space to other companies.

All we can really do is hope and pray every year while EA is producing thier sports titles (especially Madden) that they have enough motivation to "get it right"..because if they dont get it right its not going to screw anyone but the consumer..and for every consumer who takes a stand and chooses not to buy thier game next year, they will find 1 to replace him and 3 more to go along with it. Thats just the ugly truth.

Last edited by blackceasar; 08-17-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71

You: It's a video game. Plus they won't put clear visors and a sock editor in

Commish: Quit wasting my time.........click
Funny...but very true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

You: You mean to tell me they paid 300 million dollars and your acting like you don't know what I'm talking about?

Commish: Yeah I know what your talking about EA informed us they was going to take fatigue out and that they would put it on the marketplace for download for 1600 points, because they know everyone would purchase it.

You: and your ok with EA's tactics

Commish: They also informed us that fatigue would be added in the PS3 version as well as gang tackling.

You: But you know you could of made more money if you when of spread you licenses out and at a higher cost.

You: Just like when Ea makes madden on multiple consoles to soak up all the profit instead of limiting it's self to one console.

Commish: your right!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »