Home

2006 High School Football Season

This is a discussion on 2006 High School Football Season within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #89
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 2006 High School Football Season

Everyone plays in the playoffs? So everyone can feel good about themselves? Haha...

When I was a freshman and sophomore in HS, only the division winner and the runner up made the post-season. In my junior year they started alllowing four teams from each division to make the post-season. It is simply for the money...

That's why I led my team to consecutive 1-10 seasons my junior and senior year to not play into those money grubbing administrators!!
Old 11-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #90
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I don't know much about that system, but from what you just told me I really, REALLY hate it. Sorry. My high school system (for the largest school class) has conferences; there are four conferences throughout the state. One has 5 teams, one has 10-12 (I think) and 2 divisions, one has 18 and 3 divisions, and one has 14 teams with 2 divisions. The division winners from each conference are guaranteed bids into the playoffs. That's 8 teams right there. The next 8 teams in are at-large, selected by a points system set up by the state. This year, a 4 loss team got in by winning that 5 team conference. Other than that, I think half of the 3 loss teams made it in, as well as all the 2, 1, and undefeated teams. Then you're seeded according to your points.

I love this system. For example, in the first round that 4 loss team had to play the powerhouse champion of the 18 team conference. Guess what they did? They won, of course. It adds in some spontenaiety, but there's still a point to the regular season this way. If everyone's guaranteed to qualify for the playoffs, then why bother playing your starters? They might get hurt.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:51 PM   #91
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
How can you make playoffs with 5 losses? Some things I'll never understand. Here, you're on the bubble with 3 or more, and you've gotta play in a terrible conference and catch a lot of breaks to get in with 4 - it's only happened once in, like, 10 years. Getting in with 5 is unheard of.
The playoffs here are really dumb. I think there are like 8 different "classes" of schools. A 4-7 team was the 16th seed in 4AA (highest level here and what my school is in)

I didnt really feel like making the trip up to Greensboro for the game though. I heard theyve allowed 60 points all season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #92
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Well, my school (Bloomsburg at 6-4) got knocked out in the first round of District IV Class A playoffs. They lost to the four-time defending state champions, Southern Columbia (10-0). People are saying this is the best Southern team ever, which is saying something considering their dominance for the last 15 years. They have two seniors that have D-1 schollies. Henry Hynoski is the 4th ranked FB on Scout, and is going to Pitt. He tore us apart, just ran over our defense and got I believe two touchdowns. They also have the 16th ranked OT in the country in Josh Marks who is going to Penn State. He's huge, and he made it even harder to stop Hynoski running the ball. Their 5th straight championship run appears as if it'll be a cakewalk.

Pitt and Penn State fans will be happy, these two are the real deal. It's amazing that two guys from the same small Single A school are D-1 calibur.

Hynoski
Marks
Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well my hometown High School that I went to # 4 in the state New Rochelle High School (home of Ray Rice, Courtney Greene, and Glen Lee) are 3 games away from being state champs again...I have 2 drive 2hrs away 2 see my lil cousin and his team wip on #9 in the state Monroe-Woodbury. Gooooooo New Rooooooooooo!!!!!!

Favorite Teams:
NBA: New York Knicks
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 11-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #94
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

I have the story of a great game to tell.

Tonight's the 4A (largest class) semifinals. My alma mater (Xavier of Iowa - #21 nat'l in recent polling) at 11-0 is in, against a perennial 10-1 powerhouse Bettendorf. The game's tight all the way through, until it's 14-14 with 2:30 left. Bett has the ball down at the 27 yard line. They line up for the FG annnd it's... blocked! The ball wobbles through the air before landing at the 10 and dying. Xavier fans rejoice.

But wait - there's a flag on the play. And the call is... ROUGHING THE KICKER?!? Yes, you heard it right - the refs completely missed that the ball was obviously tipped and just handed the game to Bett. First down at the 13, they pound it down but our dominating D holds up well. It's 3rd down and 3 at about the 6, we gotta stop 'em here as there's 2 minutes left. Handoff - plows through - almost a TD but is stopped short. After a play right up the gut for nothing, it's 2nd and goal from the 2 for Bett.

Here's where I lose my voice. It's an off-tackle play to the left. One of our DTs, a 3 year starting stud, breaks through, hooks the RB through his arm, and - pop - out comes the football. We were bringing CB heat, and lo and behold, the ball pops straight into the arms of our CB who is on the run.

A 98 yard fumble return puts us on top 21-14 and we hold on for the W. One of the - no, the craziest set of stands I've ever been in as he ran the length of the field to get us in the title game. I could not believe my eyes.

Next Friday - Us versus S.E. Polk, they're a 1 or 2 loss team but has caught fire recently, beating some perennial powerhouses such as West Des Moines Valley (the defending champ) in the other semifinal tonight. Should be a great game, and either way, 12-1 or 13-0, we'll still love you, Saints.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:25 AM   #95
K*ngs *f th* D*nc*!

PdiddyPop's Arena

OVR: 26

My alma mater Alexander Central rolls up High Point Central 24-10. The Cougars move on to rd 2 for the 2nd year in a row. GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2006, 01:42 AM   #96
Pro

WFU2521's Arena

OVR: 7

mt. tabor moves on

Wake Forest

ATL Braves

It all started back in '99 when time was hard, North Carolina Central but we called it the yard...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »