Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:29 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

i got one that yall forgot to mention .very important challenge a play not only can you challenge a play on nfl 2k5 , you had the option to pick what you were challenging wether it was the spot of the ball , or the catch in madden you just pick challenge and they pick for you lol. No replays online??? you cant challenge a play online??? yo that is wack man. in madden i was trying to challenge the spot of the ball on a sideline catch and the computer automatically challenge the catch instead.????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
FPF was just a gimick , i dont think it will ever be a true gameplay option. something just for kicks after a game gets old.
It wasn't a gimmick it was something in it's infancy and with certain tweaks and ball indicators it coulda been something really neat who knows. SS mode is just as bad when it come out to trying to figure out where the ball is half the time. Cause of the camera views aren't the best and the fact that your player covers up part of the screen Neither mode is that great imo.

The ss modes that work best are the ones that almost have the default view. I think you should have the option to play with a default camera view only locked onto the postion your playing.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDillznick
I read these boards everyday, but never post. It gets a little tiresome to go into 60% of these Madden threads and find the same ol' comparison to NFL2k5 everytime you guys try to discuss Madden. I wish I could just log on and read about Madden in this forum, and NFL2K5 in their thread.

Just one thing. Everyone complains about the "Mario Running". That's why the small juke is mapped to the A button. Try this: Call your inside run play. When you see you are about to run up the back of one of your O-linemen, tap the A button and PRESTO! Your back will get skinny and side step through a hole. Try it. It's FUN!
Nah that doesn't fix the problem, in nfl2k5 the running back body and hands and arms adjusted to offensive lineman in the way, sometimes the running back would even put his hand up to help move around them. I madden the running backs legs spin and place and there body reacts as if they are running in the open field instead into the back of the lineman.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
It wasn't a gimmick it was something in it's infancy and with certain tweaks and ball indicators it coulda been something really neat who knows. SS mode is just as bad when it come out to trying to figure out where the ball is half the time. Cause of the camera views aren't the best and the fact that your player covers up part of the screen Neither mode is that great imo.

The ss modes that work best are the ones that almost have the default view. I think you should have the option to play with a default camera view only locked onto the postion your playing.
I just dont think it will ever develop into a very playable mode. only for a unique change of pace. just for fun
Old 08-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDillznick
I read these boards everyday, but never post. It gets a little tiresome to go into 60% of these Madden threads and find the same ol' comparison to NFL2k5 everytime you guys try to discuss Madden. I wish I could just log on and read about Madden in this forum, and NFL2K5 in their thread.

Just one thing. Everyone complains about the "Mario Running". That's why the small juke is mapped to the A button. Try this: Call your inside run play. When you see you are about to run up the back of one of your O-linemen, tap the A button and PRESTO! Your back will get skinny and side step through a hole. Try it. It's FUN!
Mario running is used as the posterboy for much more complex gameply/ player interaction issues, its not so much that mario running is such a huge annoyance at the o-line
Old 08-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #110
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
I agree, the problem is i love video game football and if EA doesnt deliver, there goes one of my favorite "personal time, escape, unwind" hobbies. kinda like a guy who has been fishing for 15 years being told "now you can only fish with Bamboo rod and cork" you dont like it ? dont fish!!! LOL
but dont worry im realy close to giving up up fishing LOL

fantastic summary of my dilemma

just went through it this weekend

picked up a 360/madden.. played in non stop since thu night

nope....just not good enough to justify a new system + 60 game price.

really bummed.....madden can be good...there are flashes of brilliance in 07, but the game just feels too clunky still.

sooooo......360/madden went back...guess i'll just continue my franchise on 2k5 a little longer.

sure hope 2k puts out something generic or MCST makes 2k5 BC soon

just not impressed at all with next-gen sports gaming [mlb 2k6 too]
Old 08-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #111
Pro

OVR: 9

Some of this has already been said, but here are my choices:

- Formation specific audibles. I can call 4 different audibles and never alter the formation.
- Ability to set a double team on a reciever
- Custom celebrations
- Custom playbooks
- Sim to the end of game
- Alternate uniforms (lacking on the 360)
- Player editing (lacking on the 360)
- Setting the defensive line play and then the defense. Someone mentioned Madden having more defensive plays, but this feature multiplies the defensive plays and puts it far ahead of what Madden offers.
- D-Line play. In Madden I feel stuck to the OL. In 2k5 I can shed blocks.
- Presentation
- Diverse player ratings. over half the players in Madden are rated higher than 85. In 2k5 you saw a wider range of ratings, so players had more character to them.
- Gang tackling
- Great challenge system
- Penalty sliders that can give a realistic number of penalties
- YAC. It's hard to explain, but in 2k5 I seem to be able to find recievers open enough to get yards after the catch. In Madden I always seem to get tackled immediately after the catch, even when my reciever looked wide open prior to throwing the ball. Maybe it's the "jetpacking", maybe not, but it's something I notice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2006, 09:54 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

The biggest thing for me is the tackling and collision detection. I'v been playing Madden 360 for the last two days and I have to say those two things are lacking big time. Nothing is worst than going to finish off the ball carrier but you cant because there is no gang tacking, you would just bounce and fall down. WTF?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »