Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-29-2006, 11:21 AM   #137
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
What would be the point of locking it?
I said I'd lock it if it went further off topic. Now that the thread is in the "Other" forum, people can discuss Madden and 2K and compare/contrast the two - which is what was happening anyway. Hence the move which some questioned.

See, we're trying the best to stop the childish 2K vs EA flamewars. They serve no purpose.

Now back to the topic at hand....
Old 08-29-2006, 11:42 AM   #138
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
lol!!!,ha,ha this guy is joking right!!!!!

and the other guy is funny boy!2k5 is the football messiah
it had flaws but not flaws that render the game unplayable...

now mvp05 is overated i thought along with nfl2k5 it would be one of the best sports game in history but it failed,cause it played like an arcade game to me.if it had the k-zone pitching and true aim batting.

madden have alot of time to CATCH up to 2k5,but it seems like they are just cpying and pasting
Yeah DB AI made the game pretty much unplayable. Don't think i'm a fanboy because I loved 2K5 but ever since it has been gone, all of you guys have pretty much overrated how good it was. Also to note that the game moved like robots, which pretty much screwed up playing with the DBs. The animations were top notch though.

I have finally found a game to take its place though, sadly it took a new generation system but they did it.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:33 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 4

Did you read the thread title? This thread isn't a comparison of Madden and 2K, its about what Madden can take from 2K. Pretzel logic on top of bias.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
Did you read the thread title? This thread isn't a comparison of Madden and 2K, its about what Madden can take from 2K. Pretzel logic on top of bias.
Wow.... First, insulting my logic isn't going to help you around here. You can consider this a warning - which would be your second (third time and you're gone). There is no bias. I preferred 2K when it was around!!! Don't act like you know because it's obvious you don't.

Third, did you read the entire thread? As I already stated, the move has less to do what the originating post was about. It has more to do with what the thread had become.

Now, back on topic!

Last edited by mjb2124; 08-29-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #141
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foddzy
I wish you people would make up your minds!! 2 years ago the staff and the site were all completely 2k biased, now we're Madden biased.

Basically, is it if you don't swallow whatever the fanboys toss out there, you are biased against those fanboys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2006, 05:10 PM   #142
MVP

OVR: 15

One thing i dont think has been mentions is the movement of Wide recievers. When a ball was thrown in the air the Recivers had the ability to turn around for the ball and not randomly run in place until it got there, it made things alot better and more realistic when throwing underthrown or jump balls in the endzone
Old 08-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #143
Pro

OVR: 4

i see db's do mistakes..but not bad db play...........but i use my own custom sliders very hard too.....

good db;s make less mistakes than sucker ones...just like in real life,

i don't know if it's my game alone, but my qb spy works fine..(ps2) just push l2 & then r1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »