Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 PM   #49
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Ha! Homey asked what 2K5 had that Madden doesn't, and these are your responses? Why so defensive? Why answer "What's missing/wrong with Madden" with "This is what was wrong with 2K"?
It's called a joke. I owned 2K5 when I had an XBox.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #50
MVP

dubplate's Arena

To answer the question. Presentation and gang tackling. 2K5 had horrible running animations and the DB play was laughable at best. Not to mention the floaty ball mechanics on passes.

Before everyone starts, no, I'm not an EA fanboy. I wish that 2K were still making football games. The better of the two would get my money. But to dwell on a game that wasn't that great to begin with is just insane.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #51
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Custom Stadium Music. The fact that I can play my Sunday Night games and have the new NBC theme music taking me in and out of the quarters and at the end of the half keep this game fresh. I also have CBS, FOX and MNF themes depending on when/where I am playing.

What makes this particularly interesting is that these points in the game (end of quarters and half) are key places where the tempo of the game changes. You really feel like it is halftime and can regroup and change your strategy. I know you can do that on Madden but the intro and outros really mark the event.....in Madden it sometimes goes by and you hardly notice it. Halftime is....well.....non existent.

If Madden would just implement some of this stuff it would really help..why don't they take advantage of the hard drive and ESPN license?

Who knows?

oh...and one other thing. Penalites that really occur. Watch the replay and you'll see the facemask...the hold....the pass interference.

In madden 360 I got called for clipping by my fullback on a counter play. I watched the replay and he was engaged with a defender from the front the entire time. I was disappointed to sat the least. Random penalties suck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Until Madden gets a NFL evade tool like 2k5 it will always be second rate. Its IMPOSSIBLE to get out of a sack in madden.. impossible.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #53
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Custom Stadium Music. The fact that I can play my Sunday Night games and have the new NBC theme music taking me in and out of the quarters and at the end of the half keep this game fresh. I also have CBS, FOX and MNF themes depending on when/where I am playing.
How is that an issue? With the 360 you can play any type of music to override the game music by either streaming from your pc or an ipod. Just download that music on your pc and play it when you play those situations.

Anyways everyone seems to think that next year's version will be Madden/ESPN. But as far as I know Madden now does Sunday night football with Michaels and that is on NBC which isn't an ESPN station (unlike ABC) and it doesn't seem logical that he would have ESPN in his game when in fact he is a NBC broadcaster now. Everyone keeps forgetting that Madden actually does have a say in a game marketed under his name.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-24-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #54
MVP

dubplate's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22

oh...and one other thing. Penalites that really occur. Watch the replay and you'll see the facemask...the hold....the pass interference.

In madden 360 I got called for clipping by my fullback on a counter play. I watched the replay and he was engaged with a defender from the front the entire time. I was disappointed to sat the least. Random penalties suck!
Good point.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #55
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew0681
Until Madden gets a NFL evade tool like 2k5 it will always be second rate. Its IMPOSSIBLE to get out of a sack in madden.. impossible.

True. I also feel the QB fumbles too much on sacks.

In the same area are QBs too slow?

I know that as the Browns in real life, Charlie Frye can evade oncoming tacklers or at least outrun them out of the pocket. In Madden, 300lb linemen run him down everytime they break through the protection. Even running outside of the pocket they catch up...I could see this with pure pocket QBs but Frye has been known to make a play or 2 while scrambling on a busted play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
How is that an issue? With the 360 you can play any type of music to override the game music by either streaming from your pc or an ipod. Just download that music on your pc and play it when you play those situations.

Anyways everyone seems to think that next year's version will be Madden/ESPN. But as far as I know Madden now does Sunday night football with Michaels and that is on NBC which isn't an ESPN station (unlike ABC) and it doesn't seem logical that he would have ESPN in his game when in fact he is a NBC broadcaster now. Everyone keeps forgetting that Madden actually does have a say in a game marketed under his name.
No offense man, but you need to pick up a copy of NFL2K5 for the xbox and see what your missing.

You obviously have no what idea what hes talking about by custom stadium music. Im sure you wont , but so Ill break it down real quick for you.

In NFL2K5 you could customize the music for every situation. After TD passes, After sacks, after fumbles, end of quarters and halfs ect...ect..... For EVERY game situation.

Say you score a TD. You can make ANY song you want play out of the PA system in the stadium. And not just play a whole song. There was a music editor that allowed you to play ANY part of a particular song for any length of time you desired.

example. When I score on a long TD pass I made it so that the chorus to Outkasts "bombs over baghdad" would play ?
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »