Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

QB Evade; and that **** they had in franchise where you could put your whole team in drills and practice for the game. Broke down stats and tendencies like hell.

i HATED that there were too many sacks though. WAY too many. Playaction was way better than Madden's though. Charging up your moves was good too. I think they used the RS better than Madden does. Madden should have the ESPN presentation tho. NCAA 07 has a LITTLE bit though.

The one thing I love about madden is that damn vision cone. I like how in 06 Manning had the whole field light up, but now in 07 he can only see about 60% of the field. Makes it more realistic. So that's one aspect that I appreciate about them. ALL MADDEN seems to be better this year. I havent touched the sliders and the CPU runs realisticly. As for NCAA 07 I gotta fix CPU passing and then I'm bringin the Vols to a bowl game.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #58
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown1211
No offense man, but you need to pick up a copy of NFL2K5 for the xbox and see what your missing.

You obviously have no what idea what hes talking about by custom stadium music. Im sure you wont , but so Ill break it down real quick for you.

In NFL2K5 you could customize the music for every situation. After TD passes, After sacks, after fumbles, end of quarters and halfs ect...ect..... For EVERY game situation.

Say you score a TD. You can make ANY song you want play out of the PA system in the stadium. And not just play a whole song. There was a music editor that allowed you to play ANY part of a particular song for any length of time you desired.

example. When I score on a long TD pass I made it so that the chorus to Outkasts "bombs over baghdad" would play ?
No offense taken - I own NFL2K5 for the Xbox.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #59
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
How is that an issue? With the 360 you can play any type of music to override the game music by either streaming from your pc or an ipod. Just download that music on your pc and play it when you play those situations.
OK. Explain to me how I can get Madden to trigger the theme music going in and out of the quarters but not during the gameplay. I am not talking about mood music here. I am talking about music that is tied to events in the game.
If it can do this then great. But what you are sugeesting is the equivalent of saying "turn on your radio" if you think the presentation is lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan

Anyways everyone seems to think that next year's version will be Madden/ESPN.
So we should wait again until next year? Maybe....MAYBE 3 full years after NFL2k5 was release then EA might catch up presentations wise and collision detection wise.

Maybe.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #60
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Broken Franchise mode?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #61
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
OK. Explain to me how I can get Madden to trigger the theme music going in and out of the quarters but not during the gameplay. I am not talking about mood music here. I am talking about music that is tied to events in the game.
If it can do this then great. But what you are sugeesting is the equivalent of saying "turn on your radio" if you think the presentation is lame.

So we should wait again until next year? Maybe....MAYBE 3 full years after NFL2k5 was release then EA might catch up presentations wise and collision detection wise.

Maybe.
Dude, you can't get the trigger music, this isn't NFL2K. And if you think the presentation is lame, you are once again comparing it to a game that doesn't make an NFL product anymore. EVERYONE understands that 2K fans loved it for the PRESENTATION / ONLINE LEAGUES etc. Just realize that Most Madden fans really don't care so much about those aspects.

And as for waiting for next year for Madden to become 2K is just wasting time, it isn't 2K and never will be. The terminology that you are using is making the assumption that everyone feels the way you do about 2K being better for these aspects. To me I could personally care less about the music part and I hope EA spends time on stuff that most people want, not what the 2K niche of fans want. In agreement with you however I did like the Presentation of 2K and it would be nice if Madden had something like that or better implemented into it, but I'm not banking on it.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 08-24-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #62
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm as big a 2k5 fan as anybody. But I have to say that this year's Madden on the 360 has the potential to help guys like me move on. FINALLY. There's lots of little things I wish Madden had that 2k5 did, but the same can be said the other way. So I'll stick to the big stuff:

1. Player interaction/Collision Detection: Pile-on tackling is a given, but there's more than that. Offensive Linemen that double team, RB's getting skinny instead of Mario Running, no "pinball" effect when two players collide and an animation doesn't kick in etc. There's alot to this, but these would be a great start.

2. I wanna say presentation, but not in the way everyone's thinking. I've resigned myself to the fact that Madden 08 having 2k5-like tv style presentation is highly unlikely. But I do like what I am starting to see with this on-field feel. So what Tiburon needs to do is take the on-field aspect as far as 2k sports took tv style presentation, and I think the majority of people would be very pleased. Presentation doesn't have to be "ESPN" banners everywhere. First, make the crowd smarter by alot, and make it seem like you're at a game. The fans don't stand waving their arms for 60 minutes of football like they do in Madden, so start with that. Make them more a part of the action. If the home team's QB throws a deep ball, make the crowd start cheering with anticipation of a big play like you hear on Sundays. Secondly, add a lot more cut-scenes that bring you down to the field, more player chatter etc. Add the crowd into some of these cut scenes as well, for example, when a player messes up large and he's getting off the field, show the camera right behind him and have fans heckle him. The sky's the limit.

3. Realistic ratings: Let's face it, the ratings for the players in Madden are way too high. Go the route 2k5 did and make a player in the high 60's to low 70's an average player. This would help a few things, like making the special players who deserve a rating in the 90's actually feel like special players. This would also help the draft, as it's almost impossible to draft someone in ANY round to replace a starter and be a difference maker when most of them are rated in the 70's. But in the NFL, 1st round picks have a huge opportunity to be big-time players right off the bat, and so do 2nd and 3rd rounders, just to a lesser degree.

4. Realistic Cap Increases: Though 2k5's Franchise Mode pales in comparison to anything Madden has had since about Madden 2001, the salary cap increases way too much in Madden games, forcing guys like myself to make up house rules to have realistic cap management. In 2k5, you actually had to make some tough decisions on players, just like GM's in the NFL have to.

5. Penalties: This is sorta two parts. One, increase the amount of times things get called, as it seems with some penalties no matter what you set the slider to, you never see it called. And the second part is have the penalties look like they actually happened. 2k5 did this really well, and this would alleviate problem number one with penalties too.

That's it for me. There's other little things, like I said, but if those 5 things were a part of Madden 08, I would be in football heaven. 2k5 could finally be put away for good, and Madden would finally be "next-gen". As it is, aside from the looks, there's not much "next-gen" about it.

But like I said, I'm actually really enjoying Madden 07 on the 360, mainly due to the SS Mode. But the gameplay is definitely showing promise, and to be fair, this is what Madden 06 on the 360 should've been in the first place instead of the atrocity we got instead.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #63
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Can somebody please tell me why this thread isn't in the 2k forum where it belongs?
Because it's about Madden?
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #64
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
2 inches of dust?
Ha! Nice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »