Home

What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

This is a discussion on What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have? within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2006, 04:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

I don't have the game just wondering if Madden will ever put in cool features such as a Sportscenter wrap up show, First Person Mode, and gang tackles.. I think it's kinda ridiculous that 2 years after another NFL game already had these things, it's not in a next gen version of Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 04:07 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: What does NFL 2K5 have that Madden still doesn't have?

Something tells me this is either gonna get ugly or deleted i got money on the latter.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

OVR: 4

...and a great presentation and good announcers. Yeah, that game is still great 2 years later. I am not partial to either company, but Madden really needs to get it together. Madden's gameplay is a little tighter now, but everything else is just below standards for a next-gen game at least.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:19 AM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

How's about what does Madden have that 2K5 doesn't? I loved 2K but in no way was it perfect. Unfortunately many of you don't admit to the problems.

There should have been more in the 2nd next gen release. Next year is the year I think we will finally see ESPN presentation.

Last edited by Altimus; 08-24-2006 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 15

As far as presentation goes the overall package of NFL2K5 took advantage of the ESPN license, no question. OTOH while some complain about the Radio Announcer in Madden I think it's very cool and different at the same time. Hopefully EA can add a second man to the booth.

Like others have said the gameplay in Madden 07 on the 360 is pretty tight but has a few unpolished issues to go along with a pretty good Football game. IMO this years winner is the PC version hands down, beautiful graphics and uses the 360's grass and it doesn't skimp on features.

I still have and play NFL2K5 but Madden 07 on the 360 while not perfect is not a pile of junk. Infact some have brought this up that Madden 07 on the 360 feels a little like NFL2K5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2006, 04:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I always heard 2k4 was better than 2k5.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:38 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23
How's about what does Madden have that 2K5 doesn't? I loved 2K but in no way was it perfect. Unfortunately many of you don't admit to the problems.

There should have been more in the 2nd next gen release. Next year is the year I think we will finally see ESPN presentation.

No doubt that I thought I would hear this phrase already. Madden has been out officially a couple of days and already we are hearing the same old < next year >
saying.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:42 AM   #8
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime23

No, we won't. EA's even said flat out that they're going for an "on-the-field" presentation, and they like the direction everything is heading in for future releases. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE THE GAME LOOK LIKE A SPORTSCENTER BROADCAST.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »