Home

Southlake Carrol vs. Euless Trinity (HS)

This is a discussion on Southlake Carrol vs. Euless Trinity (HS) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Southlake Carrol vs. Euless Trinity (HS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
No i've heard of people spending a lot of money trying to get tickets for those games.
Why? They never sell out in places like Texas Stadium. This game was an exception not the norm (was the 2nd largest crowd EVER for a TX HS football game) and it still wasn't sold out. So I don't see how people would have to fork out money for tickets.

When State Championship games are played at Texas Stadium, I doubt more then 30K show up and that's for 5A classifications.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #18
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

This guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

HS games RARELY even sale out. No one is gonna pay $100 ONE ticket. Now $100 TOTAL throughout 17 weeks yes, that isn't that much though.

There isn't anyone that hangs around practices watching teenage boys run around that doesn't have a son playing, maybe in Ohio people do that. If anyone the coach doesn't know is hanging around practice, they would be forced to leave. Even if they do know him, most practices are closed.

People not affiliated with the school showing up to games isn't weird, HS games are alot more exciting then NFL.

Anyways, there are 2 state champions in 5a, 4a, 3a and 2a. Then just 1 in 1a and six man. Last year Euless and SLC were 5A, but played in the seperate divisions. So one was the Division 1 state champion, the other Division 2. It's a pretty good system considering there are over 1,000 school. Most states only have division champions, and they only play like 10 games.

DookieMowf I would of been there to if it wasn't for the Texas game. I was hoping it would be on TV, but UPN did their game of the week at the HP/Texas High game, I have no idea why though everyone knew TXHigh would roll.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #19
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
It's weird in college too but they are high school kids. These people don't have kids who play for the teams, they haven't gone to the schools and yet they hang around practices and look for anything involving high school kids. It's weird and sad.
Some people just think HS football is where you find the game at its purest and just prefer it at that.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 11-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanWolverine
Some people just think HS football is where you find the game at its purest and just prefer it at that.
That's cool and all but being obsessed over teams and underage kids you don't even know or have any affiliation with is creepy.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 AM   #21
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Why the hell does that one school do the New Zealand All Blacks haka KaMate? I checked their roster, they don't even have any maori sounding names on the team, a lot of Polynesians that are Tongan or possibly Samoan, which makes it kind of funny that they are performing a Maori haka.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm going to the big Butler-Independence game here on Sat. I don't go to HS games but Indy has a 106 game winning streak and Butler almost beat them in the regular season.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:17 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Why the hell does that one school do the New Zealand All Blacks haka KaMate? I checked their roster, they don't even have any maori sounding names on the team, a lot of Polynesians that are Tongan or possibly Samoan, which makes it kind of funny that they are performing a Maori haka.
First, because the HAka is fecking cool, no matter what. However, they were doing it WAYYYYYY too fast.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
That's cool and all but being obsessed over teams and underage kids you don't even know or have any affiliation with is creepy.
I don't know why you keep saying this. Where do these so called grown *** men do this? We just watch football down here. Nobody is obsessed about a team or anything like that. Now I heard about VInce Young coming up and wanted to see him and look how he turned out. Some people knew he was going to be great. Sounds like you are really hurt about people watching a game. There is nothing creepy about that to me. Nobody gets to watch practice but students and parents down here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »