Home

Arena Football: Road to Glory

This is a discussion on Arena Football: Road to Glory within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 PM   #49
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Arena Football: Road to Glory

Well I'll try to give a good rundown:

-AF2 teams are in it, but only from '06, all the '07 expansions are missing...so no Boise Burn, Cincinnati Jungle Kats, Corpus Christi Sharks, Fort Wayne Fusion, Lubbock Renegades, Texas Copperheads, and Tri-Cities Fever unfortunately and Macon and Memphis are defunct but still in the game because they played in '06.

-Same exact historical teams, same exact ways of unlocking each one

Dynasty Mode
-You can modify your teams uniform...was that in last year?
-screen with news/notes, including your stat rankings and salary/cap, basic stuff here
-basic trade/sign/free agent management screen like any EA football game, I just signed Joe Hamilton, barely fitting him under my cap...
no way to see the AFL season alongside AF2...I imagine the same is for vice-versa
-I guess 4 teams from each conference make the playoffs in AF2? I made it as the 3 seed with the Shock. It's the 2006 AF2 so I imagine there were only two divisions per conference, now there are three according to wikipedia...looks like 2 division winners and 2 wild cards per conference, I was a 10-6 wildcard and played at the 9-7 division winning Dorados (same matchup which I won in Week 18 to clinch my spot) but this time I lose...
-Arena Cup is Twisters vs. Steamwheelers, 53-47 Steamwheelers in OT.

Off-Season
-first we have retirements, 12 guys in AF2 retire including cover boy Bob McMillen who is playing for the Blitz???he must have been a FA at the start of the game...Scott Rislov of the Coyotes retires with a career ending injury.
-re-sign players...
-30 day FA signing period
-re-order depth chart (same ol' EA offseason processes here folks)
-Now it says "Do you want to export your current AF2 rosters? (These can be used in your AFL season)" so I say YES...and realize I don't have enough memory card space...GAH!! why haven't companies learned to allow deleting files in game...

Best players at each position (I put a * next to the best overall in game)

AFL
QB Mark Grieb Sabercats 97*
OS Damien Harrel Crush 93*
DS Eddie Moten Soul 98*
OG/LE John Moyer Rush 93
TE/RE Silas Demary Avengers 97*
C/NG Greg Krause Avengers 93*
FB/LB Chris Avery Rampage 91*
WR/LB Derek Lee Force 94
WR/DB Kevin Ingram Avengers 95*
K Reny Hamilton Avengers 99*

AF2
QB Craig Strickland Yard Dawgz 92
OS Jarrail Jackson Yard Dawgz 89
DS Allistair Sebastien Wolves 97
OG/LE Vernon Robiskie Twisters 94*
TE/RE Andy Fuller Vipers 93
C/NG Curtis Jeter Dorados 91
FB/LB Reggie Cooley Twisters 86
WR/LB Kevin Williams Twisters 95*/Robert Garth Blizzard 95*
WR/DB Kenyatte Morgan Lightning 87/Matt Jackson Knights 87
K Brandon Kornblue Firecats 96

Free Agents
QB Joe Hamilton 91
OS Aaron Bailey 90
DS Kevin Gaines 94
OG/LE Tim Martin 89
TE/RE Jamarr Ward 79/Bobby Leffew 79
C/NG Corey Mayfield 86/Eric Gohlsten 86
FB/LB Bob McMillen 88 (did this guy retire?)
WR/LB Cory Fleming 91
WR/DB Charlie Davidson 81/Bret Cooper 81
K Bill Gramatica 89

EXTRAS
-Trying the new Field Goal Challenge...after my fifth make I unlocked the "Arena All-Stars"
-That should solve the unlocks then, I bet it's all the same and the ArenaBowl/Cup winners unlock the Champs Sports Team...I noticed kicking a 30 yard FG is not in the challenge list, so they removed the VooDoo from the historic teams obviously
-Arena All-Stars are only rated an 80 OVR, ouch...
John Elway is the QB, Steve Chiang is the OS, Michael Young and David Baker are the DS, Neil Smith is the OG-LE, Mike Ditka is the TE-RE, Jerry Jones is the C-NG lol, Glyn Milburn is the FB/LB, Ron Jaworski is the WR-LB, Tim McGraw is the WR-DB...the rest of the lineup is filled with EA guys...no Jon Bon Jovi and no photos of the legends.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:53 PM   #50
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

no, historic teams are same deal this year, exhibitions only
Old 02-21-2007, 08:57 PM   #51
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNLV_1999
I know they have added the AFL2 teams, but are the historic teams in this year? And if they are, can you play them in the season/dyansty mode?
There appears to be 40 teams that are unlockable. Can you use them in either season mode, I'm not too sure since I need to unlock them first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #52
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

Yeah those are the same teams and same exact ways to unlock them as last year...but they took out the 30 yard FG challenge that unlocked the VooDoo last year and replaced it with hitting 5 Field Goals in the Field Goal Challenge mini-game, that unlocks the Arena All-Stars

The only one I'm not sure on is if winning the ArenaBowl/Cup still gets you the same Champs Sports All-Stars but I imagine it does.

but yeah, you can't use them in season or edit them...looks like the same deal as last year
Old 02-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
A.F. commentary

Is there annoucers or commentary in season or other game modes? I hope!!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #54
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Yeah those are the same teams and same exact ways to unlock them as last year...but they took out the 30 yard FG challenge that unlocked the VooDoo last year and replaced it with hitting 5 Field Goals in the Field Goal Challenge mini-game, that unlocks the Arena All-Stars

The only one I'm not sure on is if winning the ArenaBowl/Cup still gets you the same Champs Sports All-Stars but I imagine it does.

but yeah, you can't use them in season or edit them...looks like the same deal as last year
So far though, I think its a bit more refined than last year except for some of the slowdown.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #55
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

Re: A.F. commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3pointerdude
Is there annoucers or commentary in season or other game modes? I hope!!
Just the PA announcer like last year. It kinda sucks that they don't have commentary again, but if this series continues than I hope come next year that they add that to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #56
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

I agree, the slowdown can be annoying, but it's not gamebreaking...to me, but yeah it feels more polished and looks and feels better, the gameplay that is...

as for announcers, still the same madden pa guy, no play-by-play...the practice mode has more realistic lighting than the game with the spotlights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »